Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my notice today & contacted dealer. A new towbar to be fitted not bad after 5 years of towing & having cracks in chassis repaired & reinforcement on sides of towbar. Towbar has Nissan plate indicating 300kg towball download & can tow 3000kg....YEAH RIGHT....Nissan design failure....AGAIN!!!! Nissan import the Navara with drum rear brakes & leaf springs in the rear for stuff all import duties. Fitting airbags & stiffer springs in the rear causes the chassis to bend & crack midway. What do you expect from a 2.5mm chassis!!!! I was told that Nissan have changed the chassis on the Patrols too. Some of the Govt. departments in Victoria have experienced chassis failures in Patrols. We all should rush out & buy a V8 petrol Patrol for $90,000 ST-L which doesn;t even have a GPS.....gee, Nissan will sell heaps of these pieces of shit .....NOT

All Navara's are drum brake rear from Spain and I believe its the same from Thailand . Only the Frontier is disk .Nissan doesnt decide to import drum brake only,,,, thats all there is to import .

Got my letter today, Gonna call the Service department tomorrow.. Ill have a look underneath to see if i can see any cracks..
Does anyone know where they are gonna be looking for these cracks? Is it just around the towbar mounting area?

I haven't received any notice yet so I rang the dealer and they checked my vin number and said that it wasn't in the recall range.

Received my recall notice today, booked in for check on thurs. Have checked underneath, the bar on my D40 is a different number to the recall ones & the chassis appears to be ok. Don't know what I would've done if there were cracks in the chassis...after spending about 25 big ones on getting the Nav ready for a big trip....I'm pretty sure it would've involved a lawyer

My mates chassis snapped about six months ago towing a 1.5tone camper. He heard the chains dragging on the ground on the freeway and when he stopped found that the chassis was broken on both sides and the tow bar was hanging by a thread. Nissan fixed it no questions and replaced the bar. To fix it six months ago no questions asked they must have know it was a problem or they would have just used the out of warranty excuse. I wonder if he got his letter yet. His is an 06 model. It's had bonnet recall wheels replaced and now the bar. That could have been a big accident if that let go. Those chains don't stop much if the whole bar lets go.

Received my recall notice today, booked in for check on thurs. Have checked underneath, the bar on my D40 is a different number to the recall ones & the chassis appears to be ok. Don't know what I would've done if there were cracks in the chassis...after spending about 25 big ones on getting the Nav ready for a big trip....I'm pretty sure it would've involved a lawyer

Can you tell what the numbers are on the recall.
Thanks Lyle

Got my letter yesterday.
2006 RX D40 Dual cab with genuine nissan tow bar.
Already had bonnet latch recall but wheel recall didn't effect me.

Booked in on Friday to get the inspection and new tow pack done at same time.
Least I don't have to go twice as I had to for the bonnet latch one.

Recall notice received today. Sticker number 2 on the A pillar for me. No idea what the first one is for ... on it when I bought it in Jan.

Kloster's here we come ... (again :shocked: )

Recall notice received. Wonder if they will try to screw me because I have an ARB rear bar :)

Rang my dealer again and they checked my vin number again and it's not in the recall range so I check the part no on the bar and its not the recall range it is G9162-EC010AU the bar has 3 mount bolts going up from bottom off the chassis and 2 going through the side.

The models before they worked out that chassis shouldn't be made of left over tin foil?

Latest posts

Back