d22 king cab on a d40 chassis???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone every try put a d22 king cab on a d40 chassis?

I have an old 04 plate d22 that I've stripped to parts because the chassis was ***k**

The rear of the chassis where the tub sits was rotten through
so.

I cut it in half and have started making my own rear for it as close to the original as I can.
basically CNC cutting the 2 faces, then bending a strip to suit it and fully welding it.
I made my first section before deciding, I needed to get some steel stronger than s235 and I'm currently shopping about from something in the range of 500mpa
However I drove 600miles a few weeks ago to buy a fairly mint condition d40 chassis.
So now the other option I have is to try put the d22 king cab on the d40 chassis (from the 3L version if they are any different)
I've looked for 3d scans of each part online to find nothing (except for a polish guy that doesn't want to sell his 3d scans of the d40 chassis)
I'm going to try 3d scan the parts myself with my iPhone 14 see how it goes.

Any input much appreciated. If anyone has any cad files would love them, i will get some pics of my half attempt at the rear rails and I have some dxf files of the rear rails i made that are about 90% right I would say, if anyone wants them.

My half attempts, came out pretty good, I only have access to a 4x4' CNC plasma table at the moment, so I made it in 2 parts but if I get some 500mpa steel ill do it in one.

Attachments

• d22 1.png
    d22 1.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • d22 2 .png
    d22 2 .png
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • d22 3.png
    d22 3.png
    10.8 MB · Views: 0
No reason why the D22 body wouldn't go on a D40 châssis. You might need to modify the body mounts and definitely need to add things like fuel tank mounts and engine mounts.
The downside being you would need to buy D40 suspension, hubs, steering etc.

On the steel grades, not sure why you are using structural steel when mild steel is the standard (and much easier to work with).

Latest posts

Back