Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting a bit stupid. Probably be cheaper to replace every d40 with a new truck the way nissan handle these constant stream of recalls.

Wow I must have missed alot. In three years I'm sure I have only had one recall (bonnet) and missed one recall (wheels) hardly what I call a constant stream. I'm more pissed off with the way my local dealership handles the recalls than the recalls happening but it's a PITA to go to the next closest dealer so like recalls I just put up with it.

Ditto
this is my third letter.
I still have the letter for the bonnet latch and just never bothered with it .
Wheels was easy I dropped the wheels in 1 day and picked them up the next .
Would be nice if I could just drop in the old bar, get inspected and drive out with the new bar in the back and I can fit it myself

Yeah that would be nice. I did actually consider asking the question about installing it myself but thought I'd be better off not wasting my breath.

hmm i havent received any mail from nissan, bought new in feb 13. and has genuine tow bar. car is 09/12built. could this relate to older cars with towbar?

:shooter:Airbag recalibration, bonnet latch, wheels, towbar all recalls I think I have a nother sticker aswell will check later. but just the first 3 recalls took about 7 visits to the dealer that cost me a lot of time which is $$$$$$$. and they then charge $130 an hour to park it around the side and do nothing. awesome.....

:shooter:Airbag recalibration, bonnet latch, wheels, towbar all recalls I think I have a nother sticker aswell will check later. but just the first 3 recalls took about 7 visits to the dealer that cost me a lot of time which is $$$$$$$. and they then charge $130 an hour to park it around the side and do nothing. awesome.....

Why are u paying 130 an hour for recalls hey should be free shouldnt they

Yeah I got one in the mail today. Glad they told me 3 1/2 years into ownership and not when I was towing 4T of cattle behind it.

Stupid money sucking piece of shit I'm going to buy a Toyota!!!

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:violin2::violin2:

buy a D22.

So, I'm gonna assume, that with the part number of my towbar being G9162 - EC010AU it's either within a particular range affected (EC000-EC100) or seeing as that number hasn't yet been brought up, it's not affected???

Yeah I got one in the mail today. Glad they told me 3 1/2 years into ownership and not when I was towing 4T of cattle behind it.

Stupid money sucking piece of shit I'm going to buy a Toyota!!!

We are doing the same! Had a Prado for 9 years, the only drama in that time was the starter motor solenoid bushes had to be changed, this is the last Nissan I will ever own, something seems to happen at least every 10K!!
Will be going back to a Prado....

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:violin2::violin2:

buy a D22.

Trust you to come out of the wood work now.

If they cared enough to put airbags in D22's between 2000 and 2004 they might well be getting their own recall. That's a massive recall for Honda, Mazda, Yota and Nissan which according to Todays news is going to effect cars up to about 2004 in this country, but I'm not sure they cared enough to try and save D22 owners back that far did they?

So, I'm gonna assume, that with the part number of my towbar being G9162 - EC010AU it's either within a particular range affected (EC000-EC100) or seeing as that number hasn't yet been brought up, it's not affected???

Why assume anything, just wait to be notified, no use preempting something that may not happen.

Charge for a recall?? Are you sure? Is so, your dealer is ripping you off if you paid labour costs for a factory recall as Nissan pays the full cost. I'm guessing that your car is also older than 2008 as mine has only been subject of bonnet latch, wheels and now towbar. The airbag thing was well and truely fixed prior to 2008.

Trust you to come out of the wood work now.

If they cared enough to put airbags in D22's between 2000 and 2004 they might well be getting their own recall. That's a massive recall for Honda, Mazda, Yota and Nissan which according to Todays news is going to effect cars up to about 2004 in this country, but I'm not sure they cared enough to try and save D22 owners back that far did th

Why would they bother putting airbags in our tractors.....they dont go that fast...

Again Nissan are denying anything faulty with their product....Ive gotta say....there's no way ill ever buy a new nissan vehicle again....they are fair dinkum pack of BASTARDS

Buy a Dmax for 2km Dave can get his economy down to 7lph and he hasn't had a recall yet!

Thinking I just might keep my eye out for an FJ Cruiser....and pimp it up a tad...can't possibly use more fuel than my D40 does :)

Mine's the same part number and I wondered the same thing. I had a look under and mine has side supports. I got a letter so might still ring them up to be sure.

I'll be interested to see what the story is. My vehicle originally had a Nissan tow bar (the one that also bolts up the sides of the crossmember), but replaced with an ARB bar.

Had the vehicle for 5 years now, and this will be the 3rd recall (if it affects me). First was bonnet catch, second was wheels. Both times they were sorted with no fuss.

It will be interesting to see how they handle aftermarket bars and whether they will just do a general recall or whether they some how deem them not to be effected. It's easy for them to trace genuine bars especially those fitted at the factory because the computer system will tell them the effected vehicles but if other bars could be effected too (and could be is more than sufficient to warranty a safety recall) the only way it could be handled is by a general recall in newspapers etc because even the likes of ARB and Haymen etc couldn't trace every bar they fitted to a Navara in what appears to be a fairly spread out year range.

Latest posts

Back