Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does say Genuine tow bar wit the part numbers i quoted above,no reference to other brands of tow bar.

Just went and checked and mine is
G9162 EC000AU

Genuine Nissan Bar

Mine is an 07 bar with only 6 bolts that mount to the bottom of the chassis rails and doesnt have the mounts that go up the sides.

Looks like I be ringing the local Stealership in the morning

Pics from when I did the springs but you can see the bar mounts

20130405_185401_zps54d69d7e.jpg

20130405_185407_zpsed8f4b49.jpg

Last edited:
its getting hard to see paint on the inside of my door with all the recall stickers.... maybe after they weld up the chassis they fit a safety strap for good measure.... good they are taking responsibility but if it is rolled out like the rim recall it will be many trips to the dealer for them to park it and stare at it.

I just rang my dealer, they can't start doing recalls until Wednesday and they need the car for atleast 1 hour to check it, then they will rebook it to have any required work done.

The recall notice clearly says they will replace any genuine bar with a new design, they know the history of the car and know that the bar was fitted by them because it's on the record yet instead of just fitting the new bar and then booking it in if there is any further problems they want to **** me around with atleast two visits one to check it's there and one to fit the new bar.

I can understand if there is cracks or whatever they need time to fix it but the recall notice says they are replacing the bar, just take the old one off and put the new one on then rebook it if it needs more work, for ****s sake.

It's no wonder manufacturers are reluctant to do recalls when the costs of the actually recalls have to included atleast 1 inspection of every vehicle because a dealer can't do and inspection and repair in the one visit. **** Australia workers and businesses and their lazy arse attitudes.

I am assuming the tow bars on the d40 are different to the d22's? So those with a D22, nothing to be worried about?

This is getting a bit stupid. Probably be cheaper to replace every d40 with a new truck the way nissan handle these constant stream of recalls.

If my chassis is cracked and they just want to weld it back together I might have a look at what I can do to fight them. Surely this is getting close to some type of legal action like the guy fighting nissan for the suspension. Obviously they can't just swap out the chassis but if its cracked it could cause a list of problems a mile long even after being welded back together.

Going to have a look tomorrow. If anyone finds a crack be sure to post a picture of the likely fault areas.

Great walls are cheap these days, probably less problems too

Ok checked my D40
I just checked mine its G9162-EC010AU is this part of recall

Last edited:
I am assuming the tow bars on the d40 are different to the d22's? So those with a D22, nothing to be worried about?

no, D22 already had this issue a long time ago. tow bar not using enough mounting points which stresses and cracks the chassi. theres a thread or two on it.

Back