Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:deadhorse2:Hey Pete. no, I meant that the dealers charge Nissan Australia an hourly rate to inspect and carry out the recall. when I had my rims done the dealer wouldn't take my word for the serial numbers they had to check themselves. so I book in for this to happen and they drove it into the workshop in full view of where I was sitting and parked it. one hour later with no one having gone near the car they come back and say all done and your wheels are on order. I said you must have xray vision or you have been waisting my f#$kn time as no one went near the vehicle.. no sir we work it out from the vin no... great that would be the one you have on record since I brought it here and had every service here and gave you the number over the phone. then give me some paperwork to sighn which has 1hr labour to warranty. yes, and mines 07 mate...

That was a point I made earlier in the thread. It's no wonder manufacturers are reluctant to call a recall until there is absolutely no choice because it costs them a fortune, not just in replacing the faulty parts but in service calls and dead time that the dealershits charge over and above the actually job that needs doing.

During the recall for the bonnet latch I pushed my dealer to replace the plastic steering wheel inserts where the paint was peeling, after 4 weeks they got the OK from Nissan Australia to replace the whole bloody steering wheel. $1299.00 (FOC) the invoice had on it for a replacement steering wheel when even retail price of the plastic bits with the left and right controls is under $300.00. Cost to Nissan is obviously less than the price on my invoice but Nissan Australia still had to fork out for an entire steering wheel because somehow my dealershit was able to convince them the entire wheel was at fault and not just the plastic inserts.

Navarian Thank you for posting the part numbers. Now al I need to do is find the purchase receipt to check I don't have one, but then mine is a D22 anyway.

Although, i would not be surprised if it did get recalled. I've just dropped it and modified it(extra socket mounting plates) and put it back up.

As to two visits, I would expect that the first is looking for chassis cracks, and then arranging a certified competent welder to do the work. If the welding is done properly, then you should not get re-cracking.

was talking to ppl from dealership. said if the car has to get welded om chassis its pretty much written off car. should contact insuranc3 company to sue nissan. but thats wat i got told. in any circumstances chassis should not get welded to get repaired

Just went into dealer in geelong to get towbar checked. The G9162-EC010AU is the newer design that all will be going to.
Dealer said nissan have no way of knowing what people have as it just states towbar installed thats why everyone got the massive recall!

I got a letter today but since I sold my D40 about 2 weeks ago now I am not too worried. Just forwarded it on to the new owner.

I must say I am surprised at the amount of recalls these cars have/had. I do not miss mine one little bit. Buying a Ranger to replace it.

Good luck, but f you are surprised at the number of recalls for the Navs why did you buy a Ranger? They've had just as many recalls in the last 3 years as Navs have.

I sense a "but......"

Good luck, but f you are surprised at the number of recalls for the Navs why did you buy a Ranger? They've had just as many recalls in the last 3 years as Navs have.

I sense a "but......"

Havent actually bought one yet and if thats the case well there you go. Coming from a Falcon background I havent had to deal with too many recalls but I guess every car is different.

Even Falcons have had their fair share of recalls, the fact that you haven't had to deal with too many could be for a number of reasons just like I haven't been effected by every Nav recall.

Recalls are definitely more prominent these days, and mass production and harsher rules and regulations are two of the reasons for them but it isn't always a representation of a shit car or car maker just because they have had a few recalls.

If you brought goods based on the number of recalls a company had had you've never buy a thing. Just looking down the Aus recall list for the last 30 days shows 36 items recalled.

I just got my recall notice in the mail and is one of the affected towbars with 2 x 3 underside chassis bolts mounting it. Here is a copy of the letter I got.

D40towbarrecall_0001_zpsdc384e19.jpg

Yeah I got one in the mail today. Glad they told me 3 1/2 years into ownership and not when I was towing 4T of cattle behind it.

Stupid money sucking piece of shit I'm going to buy a Toyota!!!

Just got up off the floor after laughing :) I needed a good giggle about now, been working on some Lenovo money sucking pieces of shit!

I am assuming the tow bars on the d40 are different to the d22's? So those with a D22, nothing to be worried about?

Just the explosive airbags if your model has them.

Why would they bother putting airbags in our tractors.....they dont go that fast...

Mine doesn't have any airbags. Hell my motorbike has a bigger wiring loom than the QD32 does. But then our tractors are made to last. Not like those "D40 Money sucking piece of shit" I keep reading about.

Got my notice aswell booked in for Friday not sure how it affects me though as I have an ARB rear step and tow bar, will have to wait and see.

Awe cmon there is nothing wrong with that thread even the D40 owners are trolling it, in fact if it wasn't for the troll posts there would only be 5 posts in the thread :ha:

I got mine booked in the first available spot. 1st of May and they want the truck all day. But then they will be installing a new bar so hopefully just the 1 visit and I get to be driven to work on the Nissan Courtey Bus lol
Apparently Im the first booked in for the recall at the dealership

I did ask if I could just give them the old bar and fit the new myself and they said they had to fit it to cover off their responsibilities for the recall.

Yep I called my local today and I was the first too, although Im not in a hurry.
They mentioned they get "someone" to do it, so I dont know if they were referring to the fact that a local workshop does it.

Wonder what changes the new bar has? longer mounting into the chassis with some side mounts? (although I dont think they are allowed to drill into the rails)

I have the new design towbar with the inner side chassis rail mounts. There are existing mounts for them already.

My part number does not match those being recalled, I suspect you will be getting this design.

Last edited:
Yeah I got one in the mail today. Glad they told me 3 1/2 years into ownership and not when I was towing 4T of cattle behind it.

Stupid money sucking piece of shit I'm going to buy a Toyota!!!

You should buy a toyota then we wouldnt have that statement everytime you comment.

Got my recall notice today, will talk to Nissan this Friday when they get my car to check the unis. Developed an odd metallic crunching noise this morning that only happens under moderate load.

Latest posts

Back