Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Credit due to Kloster Nissan ... went in for towbar inspection and found all gd.

Pleasantly I also walked out with 2 new wheels as the previous owner hadn't had it back for the recall.

Semi-win!

Wouldn't you want 4 new wheels?

The wheels were of no significance to me. I handed over 4 wheels without scratches, had new tyres fitted to the new ones for free then proceeded to scratch the 4 new ones about a week later.

You answered your own question. 2 carried the effected part numbers.

There's a post/list/document somewhere that lists the 2 different part numbers so that an owner could compare I presume?

Don't care either way ... 2 new wheels that I didn't know I needed and didn't have before.

Has anyone had a recall sticker placed anywhere on the vehicle that indicates that the recall was done?

Mine didn't but I recall my VY Commodore had stickers placed in the A pillar for both recalls it went in for.

Nissan would have the list, but I believe if the recall notice that was linked to in the rim recall thread didn't have it somewhere in that thread the numbers will be listed.

I got a recall sticker on the a pillar for the bonnet latch recall, the wheels didn't effect me and the towbar was installed right first time so that didn't effect me.

My Navara went in last week & was lucky enough to have no problem. After reding this post went & checked towbar myself & bar is mounted to the chassis with ten bolts - 3 underneath & 2 through the sides all fitted by dealer before delivery

I just got mine back after a service and have been advised the chassis is cracked. I have to rebook it so it can go to an engineer to be welded. Not really too impressed. I haven't really pulled any serious weights. It just seems to be the luck of the draw.

:pissedoff:Took my 07 D40 in to Nissan dealer in darwin to have the towbar and chassis inspected, Good news is :no cracks all good there, Bad news is : the wankers took my tow bar off and have told me I'll get a new one in 7 to 10 days. Not only can I not leave Darwin at the moment, I can't even go fishing….!!!! tossers, never told me they wouldn't let the truck leave the dealership with the old tow bar on..

Latest posts

Back