Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriously though how many makes and models are available in their lot? they aren't selling a niche product or anything, it's like going into woolies and asking the check out chick how many calories are in a mars bar. these guys aren't passionate about what they do, it's just a means to an end for them.

Are you **** kidding me, if I went into JB HIFI to buy a tv I would expect them to know about tv's. when I go to Autobarn to buy polish I expect them to know about auto stuff and they do (that why I don't go to supercheap). Why the hell wouldn't a car salesman research the car they are selling

Are you **** kidding me, if I went into JB HIFI to buy a tv I would expect them to know about tv's. when I go to Autobarn to buy polish I expect them to know about auto stuff and they do (that why I don't go to supercheap). Why the hell wouldn't a car salesman research the car they are selling

No I'm not. Mate I'm with you on this. I expect them to know their stuff, but 9/10 they don't. You can complain to the manager all you want but they won't educate their staff.

If you needed a TV with 3x HDMI ports, would you honestly take the word of a salesman or go check it out for yourself (i.e. read the booklet or have a look at the demo model)? Or do you take him/her on their word (hoping to hell they were being honest and not bullshitting) come home, open the box and realise there's only 2x HDMI ports.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic but at least I've catered for worst case scenario. I've caught out salesman countless times quoting incorrect information. For the sake of 5 minutes research, checking the box, checking out a demo model, I've saved myself a potential 30 minute drive back asking for a refund.

Fact of the matter is, the D40 is being recalled for its towbar. Some clued up salesman may know what's going on, most won't. Upon purchase, they will most likely tick "towbar accessories" on their computer which will give them a choice of available towbars and it'll be the new style. Simple.

Last edited:
Just got back from Nissan service... They didn't change my towbar.. I have the version that has 5 bolts each side... (3 along the bottom rails and 2 on the side)..
I asked the service lady what they were looking for and she showed me 3 studs on the ends of the leaf spring....I was like.. "Ah... ok.... rightieo"

Just got mine back also. Here is a photo of the bar they have put on.
3 bolts under and 2 bolts in side. Everything new apart from the tow ball.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 164
Fcuking useless pricks!!

My local dealershit just rang me and told me they have over booked on inspections and despite me being one of the first on Monday they need me to change times because other people can't change their time. His earliest convenient time is now Monday fortnight, they still want it for an inspection before any work is done and they still want it booked in for a later date to do any work.

Told him to stick it up his arse, rang the bloke I brought it from who is unfortunately a hour away and he told me he'd inspect and fix if necessary 10:30 Monday morning but going by the date he's almost certain it wont need anything done.

So Nissan Australia if you still read these forums like it's been reported previously GET OFF YOUR OVER PAID FAT ARSES AND TRAIN YOUR DEALERSHITS IN DECENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HOW TO NOT TO OVERBOOK.

Mine went in today to have the unis checked, turns out both front and rear unis on the rear shaft had to be replaced.

While they had it, they did the towbar thing. Because I'd chosen the HR towbar at the time of sale (with the extra mounting points) I don't have any problems.

I don't do much towing so I am not bothered by them just welding up the cracks and sending it home. At Least they did, in the end, do something about it.
Cheers.

If you don't do much towing, how did yours crack? That's a bit strange, and I don't like the sound of that!

Looks like someone else found the cracks on their bosses computer, no need for me to get involved with cracks.

hi guys and girls. had mine in at nissan yesterday to look at the chassis. they tried tellin me that because its not a factory nissan towbar that i'm liable to pay for the repairs and replacement costs of a new tow bar. vehicle was fitted with a hayman reece towbar from new by nissan and they won't cover it. Taking it up with head office on monday.

the way i read the recall was that those with the defective towbar get it replaced and those like me who have a aftermarket one, dotn get a replacement towbar but are still covered by the recall because it includes the chassis rails

im getting the hood latch recall as well

hikrafty. iy was done as a custom fleet package. bullbar, warn winch, and tow bar. gonna take it down to the dealer that sold it. the dealer up here semms bit bodgy to me. they even said that they,ve got so many comin in they've bought there own mig welder to do the job. don't know of to many dealerships that employ there own egineers or boilermakers??

The dickhead I first had mine booked in with tried to tell me that one of the reasons he needed to reschedule me was because it was a nation wide recall and due to the number of cars effected they were busy. He got shitty with me when I suggested that it may be nation wide but he didn't need to do them all and therefore doing them in the order people book in is probably a fair way to run his business.

But it's hardly surprising the salesdroid at the same place has been telling people that it's Haymen Reese issue and that Nissan are only fixing them out of good will to Haymen Reese who couldn't do such a large recall and didn't want to put their name to it. Same salesdroid told my old man a completely different pile of bullshit the day before.

The bullshit and dribble some stealershits come up with is just ridiculous, but what is even sillier is that they expect us, the consumer, to believe their shit.

Dunno how I am going to go with Nissan, checked mine and it's G9162 EC000AU but it has a rear wheel carrier fitted. I'm the third owner so dunno if it was fitted at time the towbar was fitted by Nissan or as an afterthought. Having said that who ever did it the welding looks where it attaches to the towbar looks 'factory' if you can understand that.

Shall give Nissan a call on Monday and see if they want to play silly buggers. If they do I will be making a point of the fact if they didn't fit defective towbars in the first place we would not be having the conversation. Will let you all know what they have to say :)

Cheers

Tim.

i hate nissan i dont even get my services done at mine anymore too many problems. But I suppose i better get them to look at this one i think its the 3rd recall now cant keep track bonnet, wheels now this i think :/

Latest posts

Back