Ironman bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where you are in Australia but I got mine from Zordo in brisbane,do a search on this site and his name will pop up. If your not in Brisbane he may be able to post or try your local ironman store, but for great service and advice call Zordo mate.

cheers thanks for replying, but i here freight is expensive for these plates. looking local for now..

The Ironman Bashplates are designed to fit a STD navara & they do fit.
There will be some minor modification when bullbars are fitted.

Freight is a hassle with bashplates due to the phyiscal size of the plate.

I have D22 bashplates in stock in Brisbane
Cheers

The Ironman Bashplates are designed to fit a STD navara & they do fit.

Cheers

If that was the case for the V6 John I'd be happy, still waiting for Ironman to reply to my email, :sad: They have had a week, I'll have to ring them on Monday to explain what the problem is with their design. Fits diesel D22 yes, V6 no way.

im dam surprised they havent contacted you back yet Ray. if i was there manager and had the opportunity to have someone car in for a test pilot in bashplate fitting i would of jumped at it. each for there own i guess. Keep me informed Ray i would like to know the outcome

I've seen a similar thread just now on the Toyota FJ Cruiser forum where the earlier plates are not fitting correctly to certain models etc. The manager at Ironman Brendale fixed these issues up pretty well going on the owners reports, so I'll give him a call/visit while I'm still on hols.

All I want is the plates to fit, if it means waiting for a redesign or Ironman to mod my plates, I'll be happy.:cheers!:

ok well i had to get a few pictures and stuff today but my problem arose lastnite when i had a quick look under the car. since having the plates on whenever i turned a corner or over a speed bump all i heard was a metal on metal sound. just a sudden TINK and that was it. me being me left it thinking it was them settling in and moving a bit to rest in there final location.

after inspection lastnite i found the the rear arm of the lower control arm was actually rubbing+bending+cutting the plates on the folded section which comes up to point towards the torsion bars.

took them off thismorning and had to drill a section out of the rear holes which take the bolts on the transfer crossmember. was only a 20min job but i now have no rubbing and they even sit better.

Though people may want to hear this so they can check theres over and make sure nothing is hitting etc.

Rusty

yep here they are. circled in red is the location of which the contact was and rubbing. it doesnt look as bad in pictures but they are pretty gouged out and bent. nothing major as they are gonna ge hammered anyway

IMAG0340-1.jpg

IMAG0337-1.jpg

oh and the arms have no damage to them. maybe just missing the paint but thats it

Thanks for the heads up. Just had another look and one side has plenty of clearance and the otherside is just touching because the middle plate isn't on completely straight.

I might loosen it all up today and realign them so I have an even gap on each side of the torsion bars then it should have enough clearance for that not to happen on mine.

My calibrated eye must have been good the day i did mine as mine are all ok. The only metal on metal sound is from the very front and i already know whats causing it.

A progress report on my situation with the V6 and these Ironman plates. I'm going over to see Michael at Ironman Brendale first thing Thursday morn, and he is going to put the Nav on the hoist and check it all out. While it is up there and if it is do-able, I'll get him to bolt it all up as well.

He suggested I could return them, but they are a good system for the price, nothing comes close. So I'll let the experts have a go at modifying/fitting, and I think it should work out ok, :rock:

Last edited:
Heres a good update on these plates and my V6. Saw Michael and the crew at Ironman Brendale today, and they put the Nav on the hoist had a look and saw where the problem areas were straight away. We went away for a couple of hours and came back to have the job done. They cut/drilled/painted the plate to fit the weird V6 cossmember, and around the front alloy bar mount, and apparantley the rear plate bolted up quite ok.

I was stoked, and even more happy when they said no need to pay us, its all good. They took photos of what needed to be done to future versions of these plates to fit the different models of D22, so its a win/win for everyone.

I checked out their drawers/fridges/awnings/swags etc while I was there, and I'll be be throwing some coin their way when I need some of these goodies. Great effort guys!, :cheers!:

Attachments

• DSCF9279.jpg
    DSCF9279.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF9280.jpg
    DSCF9280.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCF9281.jpg
    DSCF9281.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCF9282.jpg
    DSCF9282.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 276
Good to hear ray... Now you can test them out.... I got my first buckle in mine a few weeks ago, money well spent. Awesome to hear they treated you so well... Some people would have said "too bad" well done ironman!

Ironman bash plates on current Thai built D22 with Nissan Bullbar

Guys, I've seen a few people comment that they've modified their Ironman front plate to fit when installed with a Nissan Steel Bullbar. Can someone please confirm they've done this on a current Thai built D22, and how exactly did you modify the plate to fit? Some have mentioned cut the front flap, if so, how does it bolt on? and how hard was it to cut?
Any pics would also be helpful. I just need to be sure before laying out $$ for something I potentially can't fit as I too spoke to Ironman & they said it won't fit as it uses the mount holes occupied by the bullbar. Thanks.

Alrighty. The front plate has 2 wings. You know on the bullbar there is a small thin metal plate, has 4 botls on the front and fill in the hole on the bottom of the bullbar, has 4 holes, 2 each side, on the bottom as well. If you remove this on the bullbar you will see a bracket on each side that it attaches to. Cut the wings on the bashplate off, drill two holes in the plate, and bolt it to these holes. Then modify the original plate to bolt on and back to the front. Quite simple, took me maybe half hour of extra work.

Alrighty. The front plate has 2 wings. You know on the bullbar there is a small thin metal plate, has 4 botls on the front and fill in the hole on the bottom of the bullbar, ...

Thank you very much. Just to confirm, you've done this on a current Thai built D22 ST-R right? & What did you use to cut the plate? Hacksaw/Grinder/etc?

Latest posts

Back