ironman underbody protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockboy

Reaction score
Hi all

can anyone give me advice on ironman underbody protection for my d40 spanish built. had arb on my other d40 thai don't fit :( but they are extremelly heavy.

iron man are 3mm pressed and folded steel and can get for $396.

thanks
john

ARB plates will fit both models, I know because i have them on both of my D40's.
the only difference is one bracket at the front between the bullbar and the first plate.

i had arb plates on my my other navara but they are bloody heavy.

Isnt that relative to the amount of protection they offer?? I would think if you go with a light weight option you will be either skimping on thickness of steel or putting alloy both of which are not really going to be that strong, even the ironman ones have a bit of weight dont they??

My tjm ones weigh between 25-30kgs I'm sure the ironman would be about the same.. I don't believe it would make a big difference on the suspension like a bull bar would.. The weight is more evenly distributed too, that's my opinion..

do they sag the suspension much on a 2inch lift

No not at all, I had my suspension set up for the way my ute is.
I started with 62mm straight after the lift was done and was told to expect it to settle, and after my 1000km check it was 56mm and after 6 months its still the same.

Back