Ironman bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done it on a thai built D22. Single cab not ST-R, but EXACT same. Where are you located?

Use grinder to knock wings off, then hit it with some paint.

I'm getting a creaking noise coming from the steering. It has something to do with the front ironman bash plate, take it off and it stops. Anyone else out there with similar dramas?

Done it on a thai built D22. Single cab not ST-R, but EXACT same. Where are you located?

Use grinder to knock wings off, then hit it with some paint.

Hi thanks for that. I'm in Melbourne. Will see if they have them in stock now & will go pickup a set. They just scared me when they said they wouldn't fit.

EDIT.....Just rang Ironman. Out of stock till end of Feb....Arghhhhhh.

Last edited:
Any visible rub marks alphabet? Mine creaks metal on metal between the front in-fill plate and the front bashplate, but only cause i have not bothered to bolt them together.

I've checked the pics out ray and that seems fine, I think it's coming from where the front one slides into the bull bar but there are no visible rub marks. I will keep searching.

Picked up my bash plates over the weekend and ive got a question for those that have fitted them to a d22. In the instructions it says to remove the oem duster? Does that mean I need to remove the standard sump guard and the plastic shield in front of it? Or just the standard sump guard? Cheers

Trb- I removed both makes it easier to install. Also check my build thread for install of front plate. Some people have different ideas but I like to make things as easy as possible.

Rusty

Finally got my Ironman Bash Plates & fitted them over the long weekend plus a Rancho Steering Dampener(pic in other thread). I've attached a pic of the mod I did on the front plate which made it fit perfectly plus a couple of pics of the plates fitted. For anyone wondering I have a current model (Dec'11) Thai Built D22.

Attachments

• IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 442
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 429
Fitted mine a few days ago, only thing I had to do was cut a hole for the sump plug.
Very happy with them, can't believe how much they protect.
They retaiedl for $242 but I got them for $200, why? Wait for it, because they were scratched. :rofl2:

Last edited:
oz4wd said:
Finally got my Ironman Bash Plates & fitted them over the long weekend plus a Rancho Steering Dampener(pic in other thread). I've attached a pic of the mod I did on the front plate which made it fit perfectly plus a couple of pics of the plates fitted. For anyone wondering I have a current model (Dec'11) Thai Built D22.

A very sensible mod to do

How handy are you with a welder?

Give some thought to adding some steel circles around the bolt heads, after a few bashes you mightn't be able to get them undone/ or the break off....

Just my 2 cents :)

Yeah i was thing exactly the same thing after i fit it. Ok with the mig but so far still looks pretty good. Will see how they are after a few more trips

tony d22 said:
Fitted mine a few days ago, only thing I had to do was cut a hole for the sump plug.
Very happy with them, can't believe how much they protect.
They retaiedl for $242 but I got them for $200, why? Wait for it, because they were scratched. :rofl2:

Why did you cut a hole? Mine already had a drain hole in the plate

Any 4WD shop should be able to get them in.

Mine had no hole at all, I don't think they are putting them in anymore cause there are a few different sumps in the D22 range. Mine comes out on a 45 degree angle.

For those people who have cut a hole for the sump plug drain can Ye stick pictures and measurements up. I am also putting rings around the bolt heads for protection. Cheers

Any 4WD shop should be able to get them in.

Mine had no hole at all, I don't think they are putting them in anymore cause there are a few different sumps in the D22 range. Mine comes out on a 45 degree angle.

Thanks Tony. however there are mixed messages from Ironman--when I rang their 1300 or 1800 odd number the guy told me they weren't for sale yet till August ..so I dont know wtf is going with this company...

here's what the sump plug orientation looks like on the later model d22's
DSCF7358.jpg

Last edited:
I bolted the middle section up, marked the centre of the sump plug, removed it and cut a 90mm x 90mm hole.
I was a smidge off but can still access it OK, I will elongate the whole at a later date.

Thanks Tony. however there are mixed messages from Ironman--when I rang their 1300 or 1800 odd number the guy told me they weren't for sale yet till August ..so I dont know wtf is going with this company...

They told me they were selling like hotcakes and demand outdone supply, that's probably why.

Latest posts

Back