Ironman bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
I purchased the 4 plates for the D40 at the Adelaide 4x4 Show yesterday.
Got the guy down to $360 :)

Will let you know how I get on installing them etc if I remember.

They are pretty heavy and are the 3mm ones.

Hopefully I can do some harder tracks now and not have to worry about my sump.

Me again... I installed the 4 bash plates this afternoon. Took me 2 hours by myself.
I only had to drill one hole for the radiator plate and for the gearbox plate I had to widen 3 holes. All bolts were supplied correctly etc.
They do supply these funny nut looking things but I found that the chassis had captive nuts in all the places it needed them.

photo_21.JPG

thats a whole lot of bash plate!

i don't envy you having to take them off to clean!

how big is the hole to drain the sump? can you post a shot of that?

thats a whole lot of bash plate!

i don't envy you having to take them off to clean!

how big is the hole to drain the sump? can you post a shot of that?

I know what you mean when you say about the cleaning... I looked at it after I had it all on and sort of went "uh oh..." lol

Might have to make sure all the trips from now on end in a nice creek crossing.

Will try and get a shot of the drain hole.. I actually don't think it has one now you mention it. Although there is a rubber bung that they supply which i guess goes somewhere.

Will check it out tomorrow.

mgladwin... do you think you could take a photo of the rear 2 plates?

I have the tosca ones, but only the first 2 (which look identical in shape to what you have)

Does anyone know if you can get the plates separately?

I have heard you can and I have also heard you cant, was planning to corner the ironman guys at the show in a few weeks and find out.

I have the tosca ones, but only the first 2 (which look identical in shape to what you have)

I have heard you can and I have also heard you cant, was planning to corner the ironman guys at the show in a few weeks and find out.

I dont have Ironman plates so im not sure, but my ARB plates are sold separately and the transfer plate is a separate unit altogether, so it wouldn't matter what other plates you have it would work.

Will see what I can do tonight mate..

Tried to put mine on wasnt as easy as yours by the sound of it chassis has one captive nut in the right spot and no where to get the nut insert things they supply into the cross members.
can anyone tell me if it is safe to drill holes in the cross members it is more the one that runs along behind the sump that is attached to the suspension i am worried about.
Cheers

Tried to get a d22 one and apparently they recalled them already till they are sure they all have the right bits.

Hmmm, I still haven't put my ironman bashplates on my V6 D22, and thats because when Rusty and I tried to on the weekend, we found out THEY DON'T FIT. The V6 has a different transfer case support to the diesels, (why Nissan, oh why FFS), and the bashplates are not drilled correctly to fit the v6 crossmember. This in turn places the rear plate back too far when trying to fit it, and theres no way its going on.

I've taken photos with the relevant info, emailed it all nicely to Ironman saying I will visit them if they would like to take measurements to modify etc, failing that I've asked for a refund. I'm through trying to modify gear that is supposed to fit etc. So yes though the website says Navara D22, this does not include the V6. (Sorry to the 3 other V6 owners in Australia :) )

Hoo Roo

I am gonna add to raywise drama with the bashplates on a v6 d22. The cross member supporting the transfer is to far forward by about 2inches and the holes the support mount uses for the transfer are the exact holes needed to bolt up too. The front of the main plate bolts up fine just nothing else will fit. Modifying these to fit would he an extreme pain in the arse to get right.

Rusty

raywise said:
Hmmm, I still haven't put my ironman bashplates on my V6 D22, and thats because when Rusty and I tried to on the weekend, we found out THEY DON'T FIT. The V6 has a different transfer case support to the diesels, (why Nissan, oh why FFS)

So yes though the website says Navara D22, this does not include the V6. (Sorry to the 3 other V6 owners in Australia :) )

Hoo Roo

Your V6 transfer case is stronger then the normal D22 so I would be happy about that.
I had a V6 too, think there's more then 3 out there, 6 lol..

So for the guys that have these fitted on the D22 now. I used to jack off the middle plate to get the whole front end up with no worries.

I attempted to do the same with these bash plates and they started bending and creaking so I stopped. Is there any safe spots to jack the whole front up anymore once these are fitted.

Keen to put a set of these on mine for the price but I just spoke to iornman head office and they told me they dont really fit with a factory nissan bullbar? Has anyone fitted these yet with a factory bar?

Yeah mate.... It's simple, just cut off the upright flaps on the front plate and the slip straight in.

ironman bash plates

geday mate, i was reading your post about the fact you picked up a set of ironman bash plates for $360. could you tell me who or where you got them from, would be much appreciated. my email address is [email protected]. CHEERS

Back