Ironman bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank5

Reaction score
Hey all, I saw an ad in 4x4 australia mag for iron man bash plates, they seem pretty cheap.

apparently they are 3mm steel, powdercoated black, no drill or welding needed.

the "engine bay and transmission" kit for the D22 was only $242 i think, so a fair bit less than other brands.

they arent on the ironman website yet so just wondering if anyone has seen or heard what they are like on the D22?

James

I just rang them and apparently that ad ran a month to early and these plates are still in development. Brisbane shop said it will be another 2 or 3 weeks before they see them to know what they're like.

Ahh ok haha no worries, we'll just have to wait n see!
yeah they are cheap ay, quality wise... i would think that it would be pretty hard to fuck it up, esp using 3mm.

Hmm seems cheap to me. Wonder if they do the transfer plate aswell. Or is that what you mean by engine and transmission?

Would be interested in seeing one up close, but as stated how bad a quality can it be 3mm steel is 3mm steel so I can't see a difference.

The pdf they sent me is a little confusing. One section it lists it as Nissan Navara D22 Engine Bay + Transmission IUP006K $242

But then in the individual parts listing you get below which doesn't mention transmission but is the same price.

Nissan Navara D22 Engine Bay IUP006E $242

Nissan Navara D40 Engine Bay IUP007E $143
Nissan Navara D40 Radiator IUP007R $104
Nissan Navara D40 Transmission IUP007T $149

Guess we'll just have to wait till they get them in store to inspect and get answers. For that price though i'm expecting it only to cover the sump.

Hmm seems cheap to me. Wonder if they do the transfer plate aswell. Or is that what you mean by engine and transmission?

Would be interested in seeing one up close, but as stated how bad a quality can it be 3mm steel is 3mm steel so I can't see a difference.

to me the bash plates have always been over priced from the other suppliers--even at $242 for a piece of 3mm punched and pressed material with a lick of paint is screwing us

remember also ironman source from China..he's lucky to be paying $20bucks tops.

HRC steel is at the cheapest its been in years..world wide.

oh , and at the 4wd show in Sydney a manufacturer and supplier quoted me $1000 for my 100 series--I asked why so much..he said his was better than all the rest and they developed it..I asked why it was better and to be specific..he told me to look at the others and I'd see why...just a plain dunce

Last edited:
I work at 4wd workshop and see a bit underbody protection, stuff we sell and stuff that's already on customers cars. The best looking and fitting is Brown Davis it's massively strong but very heavy, a pain to remove to get so something else. I'd want to see the Ironman kit in the flesh first it could be ok just depends on how it mates up with the underbody and how good you are at tweaking...

I know how heavy the brown davis stuff is, i've taken my front plate on/off a couple of times. I'm damm gladd that its there taking the hits from the rocks i've scrapped over - it shows a bit of damage in the less than 12 months i've had it on.

Has anyone got one of these yet....??
Your thoughts and pics please.

hey Kill,

a group of us guys from se qld are smashing a bunch of these bashplates in this weekend on a fitting day. we will hopefully get pictures up asap after they have all been fitted. For the price of these units i dont mind replacing them if they get to badly outta shape. 2 sets of ironman plates is still cheaper then 1 brown davis plate hehe.

anyway we'll get pictures and feedback up hopefully sat night or sunday

If these cover the transfer case as well i'd be very surprised. If you have a look under the ute, there really is no where for the plates to just bolt on behind the transfer case. You would need to drill into the chassis.....

docp1980 said:
If these cover the transfer case as well i'd be very surprised.

They do cover the transfer case, I don't know what they bolt to but they cover it. Get on ironman.com.au and have a look at them.

They have been at ironman for 2 weeks now still in the container. You think if you have someone ordering so many plates you would get them out already

They do cover the transfer case, I don't know what they bolt to but they cover it. Get on ironman.com.au and have a look at them.

if they're like the TJM plate, they bolt through the holes in the cross members with some massive bolts and washers.

Latest posts

Back