Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate nissan i dont even get my services done at mine anymore too many problems. But I suppose i better get them to look at this one i think its the 3rd recall now cant keep track bonnet, wheels now this i think :/

You can't count to 3? Hmmmm.....

The above tow bar is not a recall one

What are you on! The recall is for NISSAN towbars G9162-EC000AU and G9162-EC100AU ONLY!
if you have a wheel carrier, the bar will still be changed, as it is still the recalled towbar.
But be mindful that nissan are changing bars that are on there system they just dont know which bar everyone got (towbar id)! Thats why the mass recall.

The only trouble is if people have put orig nissan towbar in this range not by nissan afterwards!

Hehe. Yep I double checked before posting above that the bar is within the recall params. Spoke to the guy I bought it from. He purchased from a Nissan stealership at the time and it had sub 20000km travelled and the wheel carrier was already in place. So as before I will give the dealership a shout Monday morning and take it from there.

Cheers guys :)

Tim.

Mine went in today to have the unis checked, turns out both front and rear unis on the rear shaft had to be replaced.

While they had it, they did the towbar thing. Because I'd chosen the HR towbar at the time of sale (with the extra mounting points) I don't have any problems.

If you don't do much towing, how did yours crack? That's a bit strange, and I don't like the sound of that!

Hi Tony,

Car is second hand to me and I have done and will do very minimal towing.
The car was originally a leased vehicle to Victoria National Parks so what they did with it I don't know. Either the cracks happened with them and I have just been lucky or the cracks have happened recently from the couple of times that I have towed trailers etc.

Were the cracks were, I am not concerned by them "just welding them up".
The new bar completely braces/stiffens the whole area around the end of the chassis rails and I am accepting of Nissan's "fix" in this situation.

Cheers.

Just had mine looked at, no issues with mine I had the correct bar.

From what I have seen in this thread and what the service guy has just shown me this does appear to be a dealer initiated problem not actually a Nissan initiated problem which would go some ways to explain why it is so wide spread over models but not that many people are having issues.

Had the recall on Wednesday found mine had cracks in the chassis due to the factory Nissan towbar. towbar was replace and has more mounting points. I have been looking at fitting a ARB or TJM rear step/towbar, will this mount to the old towbar mounting holes and cause the chassis to crack again?

You should talk to ARB and TJM. The Haymen Reese website still shows the D40 bar as the one that is causing problems however they have the same picture for pretty much all their bars (and no doubt a disclaimer about the installed bar being different to the picture) and emails to them simply suggest they know of the D40 issue and are not selling bars that will cause problems.

If it were me I would take the ute in to your desired installer and make them show you exactly how everything mounts don't take anyone elses word for it because it's not the sort of job you want done twice.

I have an ARB bar on mine (replaced a Nissan bar several years ago). The ARB bar uses the bottom and side faces of the chassis rail - through existing holes in the chassis.

yeh took my d40 in today, they found cracks in the chassis, so they said they'll get that fixed and change the towbar. Anyone know how they re-strengthen the chassis again? like i get they'll weld the crack up and throw a couple extra bolts it, but will it always be a weak spot in the chassis?

turns out my navara has cracks on both chaiss rails about 2 inchs long each so I am in means of contacting nissan as how they will fix this as I am not happy with there idea of welding it and puting a new towbar on it

I got my recall done last week and I have had a vibration noise at low rpm every since, has anyone else had this after there recall.

turns out my navara has cracks on both chaiss rails about 2 inchs long each so I am in means of contacting nissan as how they will fix this as I am not happy with there idea of welding it and puting a new towbar on it

Bloody hell 2 inches! Yeh mate dont blame you, definetly see whats going to be done, i get mine back in around 2 hours, ill try upload some pics of what was done and ask nissan what they did etc

Mine goes in tomorrow. I rang today to make sure they had the new bar in stock. The guy asked me why I was checking and I bluntly said that I dont have the time to bring the truck in for a second time and seeing I booked it in 2 weeks ago that the part should be there waiting for the work to be done. He said all good we have the part and it will be done tomorrow. Havent checked the rails but I should be fine , I hope .

Even my local deadshit dealer had them in stock, reckons he couldn't do the inspection without having enough in stock. But he never did explain why if he had them in stock he couldn't install them on the same day as the inspection.

Well jobs done. All up only took a few hours. New Bar and New Tongue fitted and all looks good .
I watched them do another truck while I was waiting for the courtesy bus and they had removed the rear bumper either to make checking easier or to make it easier to install the bar itself .

Had my recall done during the week - had cracks. Only tow a small caravan (1.6 T all up) occasionally.
Fitted new bar and tongue. Looks OK but time will tell I suppose.

Had mine checked today when I got my 60k service done (inconveniently they were completely booked out til end of May just for a re-call check - Mackay Nissan) I got the all clear for the re-call :)
One gripe tho service wise... I regularly fill my washer bottle due to dusty / bug conditions, and I had a charge today for filling my washer bottle

Latest posts

Back