Ironman bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gazza, just saw your sig, I thought "thats not a fast 'busa" til I saw MPH! FK me!!

Anyone bought any of these for a D40 recently?

They told me they were selling like hotcakes and demand outdone supply, that's probably why.

thx Tony..maybe that's the correct reasoning--just never came across like that --but you never know who they employ to answer the phone enquires.

I'd like a set--still reckon they are over priced--however the convenience factor swings the deal.

I'm going to make a guard under the long range tank as its very much exposed to being holed and caught...I have some 3mm 316L sheet and will start on this soon.

Can you order these bash plates of line or do you have to go in to a store and order one???? I am wanting to get a set for my 2011 d22.

Rang the 1300 number--goes to Melbourne..guy said they had plenty in stock now..so there ya go gents

i picked my bash plates up today and fitted all the plates excpet the front plate, it hang about 10cm past my genuine bullbar, how do i over come this problem? cut it off of??

i picked my bash plates up today and fitted all the plates excpet the front plate, it hang about 10cm past my genuine bullbar, how do i over come this problem? cut it off of??

mine came short by approx 150mm..I need to make an extension

Take a look at the pics I have of mine fitted. Should just have to cut the side flaps off & it should bolt up nice with the genuine steel bar once you drill 4 small holes for the bolts to go through. I also just drilled a 60mm hole so service guys could get easy access to the sump plug.

Put mine on the d22--cut a 3" hole for the sump plug--not quite large enough--will go to 3 1/2" late on when I take them off after the next oil change...and weld a support ring around the hole.
Also mine touches the LHS lower wishbone..just, but enough to want me to ensure clearance

will post pics when I get a chance

and Justdrinkinbeer--350km/hr is quick especially on a salt lake

Got mine on today. They all fit/line up ok , but there are a few issues;

2001 ZD30, Japanese

1. Sump plug non existent. Will need to remove area for this as previously discussed. Not sure if the 2.5 is vastly different. (They state it is for a 2.5 D22)
2. Area that is allocated is straight into the gearbox member.
3. Front plate won't fit with ARB bar - will require cutting and removal of bolts to install the lugs and it should fit OK. This is to allow the recovery points to protrude through the plate.

All in all it looks OK, maybe a bit on the light side but it should stop most sticks and stones.

spend the extra money and go for TJM plates, iron man is cheap crap they may use 3mm plate steel but it is low quality steel with the strength of 2mm or lower (the coke cans from china are made from better quality metal!!). i work in the industry and have seen a fair few i/m products fail, think they need to pull they're finger out and start redeveloping they're range

spend the extra money and go for TJM plates, iron man is cheap crap they may use 3mm plate steel but it is low quality steel with the strength of 2mm or lower (the coke cans from china are made from better quality metal!!). i work in the industry and have seen a fair few i/m products fail, think they need to pull they're finger out and start redeveloping they're range

what quality steel does TJM use

For $230 (for 3 plates) mine do the trick just fine - not sure if they're as good as Chinese Coke cans though.

How can one piece of 3mm steel plate be that different to another regardless of we're it is made. I'm sure if an impact is enough to dent. Scratch bend or stuff a 3mm piece or ironman bash plate the 3mm tjm or arb plate wouldn't stand a chance

Get two sets of ironman, weld them together and it will be 6mm thick and probably still half the price!

D.murdoch said:
How can one piece of 3mm steel plate be that different to another regardless of we're it is made. I'm sure if an impact is enough to dent. Scratch bend or stuff a 3mm piece or ironman bash plate the 3mm tjm or arb plate wouldn't stand a chance

The quality of the steel has a big impact, the various 'additives' during the steel manufacturing and milling process go a long way towards how brittle/stretchy the actual steel is.

The other factor to consider between different plates is the design of the plate itself, a flat piece of plate (like the TJM ones) will not stand upto a direct impact as well as the ARB ones will (if I'm remembering the design of the ARB ones correctly) because the ARB plate have some ribbing and a few bend and folds incorporated into their design. That being said, I've seen the TJM plates take an absolute flogging and still stand upto it.

Ever wonder why the tray/body of your truck is all uneven and ribbed? Or why your truck floorpan is all uneven and bumpy? Strength. A flat sheet of metal is pretty damn weak, very susceptible to various direct (impact) and indirect (torsional/bending) forces. Put a bend or rib in the sheet and it becomes stronger, put multiple bends in certain directions, and you'll make a very strong structure out of a very weak material.

Last edited:
What's the price of d40 plates from iron man ? Anyone no? Also I have been quoted 500 fitted from.
Tjm for the Spain d40 if anyone wanted to know a rough price

The quality of the steel has a big impact, the various 'additives' during the steel manufacturing and milling process go a long way towards how brittle/stretchy the actual steel is.

The other factor to consider between different plates is the design of the plate itself, a flat piece of plate (like the TJM ones) will not stand upto a direct impact as well as the ARB ones will (if I'm remembering the design of the ARB ones correctly) because the ARB plate have some ribbing and a few bend and folds incorporated into their design. That being said, I've seen the TJM plates take an absolute flogging and still stand upto it.

Ever wonder why the tray/body of your truck is all uneven and ribbed? Or why your truck floorpan is all uneven and bumpy? Strength. A flat sheet of metal is pretty damn weak, very susceptible to various direct (impact) and indirect (torsional/bending) forces. Put a bend or rib in the sheet and it becomes stronger, put multiple bends in certain directions, and you'll make a very strong structure out of a very weak material.

Bends and ribs are part of the design yes arb may have done a little more thinking and r and d but the strength of the raw material used to make the plates would be similar.

D.murdoch said:
Bends and ribs are part of the design yes arb may have done a little more thinking and r and d but the strength of the raw material used to make the plates would be similar.

The material might be similar, but it all depends on where the material is sourced from and to what specification the steel is made.

That being said, the actual design of the bash plate will have a bigger effect on the performance of the bash plate more than the material that it made from.

Latest posts

Back