Anyone done chip without exhaust?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very poor effort on their part.

Hope they aren't dragging you out past the '30 day money back guarantee'

Hey Deejay, if DPchip do refund your cash i would definitely try the steinbauer chip. I have one on my d22 which is the old zd30 but it made a huge difference to stock. I can pull away from a 3.4l v6 hilux both utes fully loaded up a hill in 5th gear while he is in 4th. they are a 5 min fit and you can adjust them.

Hey Deejay, if DPchip do refund your cash i would definitely try the steinbauer chip. I have one on my d22 which is the old zd30 but it made a huge difference to stock. I can pull away from a 3.4l v6 hilux both utes fully loaded up a hill in 5th gear while he is in 4th. they are a 5 min fit and you can adjust them.

I applaude anyone that can shit over a hilux.
Well done.

Hey guys,

It's time for an update on the ongoing saga of the DP chip.

I'm happy to report that I am making progress. Although I still haven't gotten to speak to Andrew yet as he is out of the country until next Monday.

I rang to try and get hold of Andrew two separate times over the last week or so and got told I'd be called back the following day. Of course this never happened and finally I rang and was fuming. I got through to Kia the office manager this last time and I vented when told I'd be called back tomorrow.

She promised to call back and good to her word, she did call back on Friday and left me a message on my answering service. I was told they would like to remap the chip again, or they would send me a new chip or they would be happy to refund my money. As I got the message late Friday arvie, I thought I'd leave it 'til this morning to call.

Kia beat me to it and followed me up this morning as she didn't hear back after her left message. I spoke to her about my findings, other chips and dyno results and that I just wanted it to work like it's supposed to.

She is willing to send a new chip, remapped to even higher settings as they haven't tripped the engine into limp mode on high settings as they thought may happen, so are well within safe parameters.

I asked her if she would send the chip without me sending mine back and she was willing but suggested we wait until Andrew returns on Monday next week so he can personally speak to me and remap the chip himself.

At this point, I agreed it was the best course of action and am now waiting til next Monday when I'll get to have a chat with the guy who really knows the chip where I'll be able to get some real answers as to how they got their performance figures, and what could be the issue with the chip on my engine.

Happy days, we are making progress. Kia is who I should have been speaking to all along, their customer service has taken a steep turn for the better.

Lets wait and see how this plays out ......

Cheers,

DJ

Looking promising, thanks for the update. They are far from out of the woods in my book though.

Hey Jase,

I know what you mean. All this crap could have been avoided if I could have spoken to Andrew or Kia in the first place. I want the same as they want ... the chip to work as it's supposed to.

I'm feeling better about them so far and look forward to chatting with them again on Monday. As I said to them, I'd be satisfied with even 50% of their claimed power increase.

We'll see, at least it has been a good learning experience for us all.

L8R,

DJ

I have been thinking for a while whether I should get a chip.

Maybe one day, not the highest priority.

Sure as hell wont be buying a DP chip.

Dave.

There are plenty of different types out there, inflated claims (I'm sure most do) and poor service will bring them undone.

DeeJay,
My name is Ben Sexton and I am from Roo Systems Australia or 4wdchip.com.au
From you thread I am assuming your D22 Navara is an Automatic with the DPF fitted as standard?
If you remove the DPF you will have very major engine fualt codes that will render the vehicle unusable.
We are currently developing a true DPF high flow exhaust for the Navara range but it is still 4-5 Weeks off.
The best "Bang for your Buck" would be a module first, having one that has been tuned to suit the Auto Navara by a reputable company which is Australia Based and can show real life rear wheel dyno graphs ot their product.

27193_106149292745009_100000498163472_165716_6495040_n.jpg

This is the D40 Auto with a DPF using a 3" high flow exhuast AFTER the factory DPF and a tuned module

Hi Ben,

The D22's don't come in auto, and none have the DPF. I think from what we have gathered on this forum the DPF only comes on the auto D40.

As a rule you are correct, but I have seen a DPF on the D22, D40 and even one on a manual believe it or not :) the manual was removed without incident and I think was just a one off becuase nissane ran out of stock

Hi Guys,

It seems we are back to square one. I did eventually speak to Andrew and he said the chip was showing weak signals from the ECU so they decided to make the adjustments more coarse, remap the thing and send it back.

I have had it back for a few weeks since and have been trying to get in contact with Andrew ever since I put the chip back on the ute.

The remapping has made the power come on more gently making it a bit smoother and easier to drive but as for torque and power, same same or maybe a bit less.

I thought "Fu@k it!, We'll go for broke and ramp it all the way up to max and see if it trips the ECU. Well, no it doesn't, in fact all it does is makes it blow copious black smoke.

I've tried on about 5 or 6 separate occasions to get in touch with Andrew and keep getting the run around. This is the final straw. Tomorrow I will demand they get him on the phone or I want my money back and will look elsewhere.

Will probably go and try Steinbauer.

Talk about being patient, not anymore :no: I'm over it and their underperforming chip and shitty service.

Cheers,

DJ

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your comments, but Jason is right, Nissan don't do an auto in the D22 and mine definately doesn't have the DPF nor does anyone on this forum to my knowledge. The D40 and D22 are completely different animals. Different ECU, Different dump pipe, differences between DPF and not, different turbo's, I believe different injectors and different Intercoolers.

Once you actually test one of your chips on a 2.5 STR D22, maybe then I'll be more of a believer, until then, you are making assumptions on a model you haven't even tested your chip on (much like DP Chip - They tested my chip on Andrews Pathfinder and they reckon it kicks arse). Forgive my scepticism, but I'm a little over "claims" by chip companies.

Regards,

DJ

Not that if benifits you Deejay but I really hope that the few of us on here looking at getting chips in the very near future dont have the same ongoing issues and problems as you are having with the DP Chip at the moment, I feel for you.

Steinbauer is on my to do list, was going to order one this week, now after reading all the new info on here about the Roo Systems (4WDchip) I am going to get a price on them 1st before making any quick decisions. They have the graphs to prove it, and hopefully they have the product and the after sales to back it up.

Bad luck mate.

Hi Matt,

Thanks mate. Roo systems do have the graphs to prove the D40 chip works, and so do DP. The chip wrks on the D40 and Pathy, just not on the D22.

Whichever way you go, make sure they have a money back guarantee so if it is a dud on the D22, you can get your fun tickets back.

Cheers mate,

DJ

Latest posts

Back