All Smashed Up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Duel cab Cruiser are very rough in side. no where near as nice to be in as the rangers. I seen a raptor the other day towing a van like OLD tonys. Looked good and in place. The cab looked nice in side too. Thats what we need. A 200 duel cab stock or a gu duel cab. Even a duel cab where the wheels dont sit behind the cab but a little bit aback so you can fit a bigger tub with out having to pay the extra for chassis to be extended

We have rangers as work utes and after that as well as my mate who has one as well I wouldn't get one.

Land cruisers a disgraceful inside for the $ and massively over sprung. But they are very capable.

Whats the comparison like between a ranger and say a new landcruiser?? dual cab tray backs are quite nice.

No thanks mate

The cruiser is a full farm truck, nothing in side square seats and as basic as they were 15 years ago only with a v8 diesel that on paper has less torque then the Yd25 4cy D40 and Ranger, And the price is outrageous.
the new ST Nav are $39k, STX 550 is $55k drive away and the XLS Ranger is $43k, and the XLT comes in at $54

I will be looking at either getting another ST with the new for old system the insurance offer or the XLS as the XLT has more stuff but allot of it i wont use anyway, like the side steps, ridiculously low hanging tow bar, roll bar, chrome grille ect the only thing i would like is the interior as it is has much nicer seats and climate control ect but for and extra 10K no thanks.

My mate had the engine blow, so is now a brand new engine in the vehicle.

The work ones came standard with rattles and the odd clunk. Finish is a bit poor, have had 6 gear knobs fall off so far. Shit ride.gearbox does not feel nice at all.

Also the pedals seem too close. It's not hard when in boots to hit the footrest while trying to use clutch, or brake and clutch as well.

And all up they don't feel to have any
More room than the hilux etc inside.

My mate had the engine blow, so is now a brand new engine in the vehicle.

The work ones came standard with rattles and the odd clunk. Finish is a bit poor, have had 6 gear knobs fall off so far. Shit ride.gearbox does not feel nice at all.

Also the pedals seem too close. It's not hard when in boots to hit the footrest while trying to use clutch, or brake and clutch as well.

And all up they don't feel to have any
More room than the hilux etc inside.

Thanks Mitch, looks like i have some reading to do and might go back for another drive.

I looked at the ranger as one of my short list the nav won on value for money and the load rail system I have to transport spares for work and one bulky item is $200k so it has to be secure.
The nissan dealer was easy to deal with no pressure no call backs etc, the ford dealer well I hate telemarketers

When all is said and done a new ST at 39K drive away is pretty hard to go past.

The good thing about 70 something series Cruiser is you would only need 3 to last you a life time. The down side, nowhere near as safe and ok if you don't mind driving something agricultural all you life.

Glad your family is ok mate. The nav did a nice job at keeping you safe by the look of it.
If your looking to replace it with a ford or nav. The st might be a good option if the insurance let you keep some of your mods. as they could bolt strait up. Or maybe buy the wreck and have your mods and a few spares as well. unfortunately it wont be the front guards that you usually require after being off road. ha.

I don't really care what you buy mate
you get what suits you
but PLEASE hang around
don't piss off and try to start a ranger forum and tell us from a distance how crap our cars are:ha: (can I buy your muddies off the wreck?)
seriously
your input, participation and knowledge are invaluable to this forum and our local trips
get a 550, calmini kit , then brad has someone to play with??
cheers

Last edited:
I would get a ranger there bigger, built stronger,better towing capacity,carry more, 5 star ancap rating, diff lock option, 5 cylinder motor. if i had a choise i wouldn't bother with another d40 for what i do. nissan had better pull a rabbit out of there hat for it's next gen d40 or it's game over for me when it come's to buying another 4x4 ute.

The new rangers do look nice and i have always had a Nissan and Ford background.
With any ute these days there are lots of horror stories i do know a couple with blown motors with less than 75k on them and something about servicing every 5000 or risk screwing the injector seals and other stuff.

holy shit mate, glad you and your young fella are ok!

as has been said get whatever suits you, but of you do get a ranger make sure its 5cyl and manual, we have a 2.2 auto at work and it is a POS, ride and what not is ok but engine and auto are so slugish and slow!

I have been told the 5cyl rangers haul ass big time!!

Cheers
bryan

Nath22 knowing you, I'd say what every you get you'll have the bugs worked out in no time. Rangers 4 or 5 auto slow as and the one we have always lives on the wall(pluged in to a power point). LOL so does the lux only the D40 can live on its own.

Just heard back from NRMA and the car is classed as a "total loss" and i now have the options of

1) new for old including everything that was fitted to the ute at the time of purchase (which was just about everything excluding the winch, spotties, uhf and muddies) and continue to pay the existing finance

or

take a payout of the agreed amount of $54k - what ever is left on the finance, then purchase what ever i like.

not sure which way to go at the moment???????? mmmmmmmm what to do ????????

Nath,

You forgot the sliders & maybe the bash plates?

Will they let you take the winch, sliders, plates, UHF and anything else they didn't insure?

Latest posts

Back