Electric window issues - won't go up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I've just bought a 2011 dual cab. When I bought it, I knew that the front passenger window would go down with its own door switch, but would only go up using the driver's side switch cluster. Figured it would be a simple problem and just swap it out with one of the rear doors to get by.

Today, I found out that the 2 back doors are the same. They all go down using the individual switches, but the only way they go up is by using the switches on the driver's door.

I'm puzzled as to what the issue could be and hoping that I'm not the only one that has come across this.

Sounds like a fun little game to play:sleep:
Are you certain that there isolation switch for the (rear?) windows is off? i think that means that the little button is up? Saying that i don't think it restricts the passenger front? Can't say I've tried

very randomly my windows will stop either going all the way up or down with a simple full button press in the corresponding direction. the fix, and i wonder if it's a full round fix, is to
- Start with the windows all the way up
- Press and hold down until all the way open but continue to hold down for several seconds after this
- Pull and hold up until all the way closed but continue to hold up for several seconds after this

No promise but always sorts my window relearn so i can continue to be lazy - never had this problem with this old mate
images.jpeg-6.jpg

My passenger door stopped going down from the drivers switch - for a while. Going up was OK. It’s fixed itself for now so I haven’t bothered looking for a solution. Plus, it wasn’t that hard to reach across and put the window down 🤪

I suspect a dicky switch.

Easy enough to pull one of the switches apart and clean it. I had a window that would only go up but not down - loads of crud cleaned off the contacts and it's been fine since.

Sounds like a fun little game to play:sleep:
Are you certain that there isolation switch for the (rear?) windows is off? i think that means that the little button is up? Saying that i don't think it restricts the passenger front? Can't say I've tried

very randomly my windows will stop either going all the way up or down with a simple full button press in the corresponding direction. the fix, and i wonder if it's a full round fix, is to
- Start with the windows all the way up
- Press and hold down until all the way open but continue to hold down for several seconds after this
- Pull and hold up until all the way closed but continue to hold up for several seconds after this

No promise but always sorts my window relearn so i can continue to be lazy - never had this problem with this old mateView attachment 36355
Tried that but no luck.

I had a similar problem I thought it was the individual switches but I replaced the Master Switch($39 bucks off Ebay free Post) hope this helps and I haven't had an issue since Cheers Tim

Latest posts

Back