All Smashed Up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wont be able to take anything off the ute that is "still" on it.
my mate managed to remove before the car was towed, the sliders, roof racks, soft tonneau cover, awning, highlift and shovel inc holders that bolt to the racks, utilli track cleats, mats, brake controller, scanguage .
the bashplates were on the original contract along with the lift, snorkel, roofracks, ladder racks and bar work + all the little things like weather shields, mats ect

Anything that is on the car now but not in the original contract will also be covered as long as it is to the "agreed insured amount" which shouldnt be a problem as i had it insured for $54k i can pick up a bare ST now for $38k

Last edited:
Is your ute on a lease? If so, there is no GST payable on the payout because the vehicle is a total loss - that gives you a bit of a bonus of a few grand.

Might help sway the decision, but def worth confirming with your financier.

You know you want a v6
Just do it
Forget the ford ranger
Something bout 5 cylinders that just aint right?
If it was any good they would all be making them
Goodluck mate

Awesome effort of salvaging all of the extras that were NOT in the contract (insurance or lease).
Getting another D40 has instant appeal then with those extras ready to bolt on.

I got a price on a Brand new 2012 STX 550 with leather and sat nav and all the other goodies for $56K due to it still sitting around.

Next was the STX and it was $54k but none of the stuff the other one has.

finally a new 2013 ST for $38k

all three were bare no bar work ect so i would end up spending another $10k - 14K on bits and pieces on any one of them.

At the moment the ford is coming in at $56k, but that includes everything, canopy with tradie racks, roof racks on the cab, new rims + muddies, bar front and back, Bash plates, snorkel, tint, weather shields, bonnet protector, mats,
I would still need to do the suspension and winch

I have a few more quotes coming in tomorrow so i will have to see what happens.

For now i am tempted to just let NRMA deliver to my door the replacement Nav with everything on it i had a few days ago, and just keep going on the current finance deal with only 2% interest ect, my accountant also said that the depreciation will start again so for tax reasons it is also slightly better off to do that.

mmmmmmmmm decisions,,,,, decisions

Last edited:
Was the other dick insured? Only asking because the other insurer may be responsible for EVERYTHING that was on your car. That said, it may end up complicating matters.

Was the other dick insured? Only asking because the other insurer may be responsible for EVERYTHING that was on your car. That said, it may end up complicating matters.

Apparently he was, well according to what he said on the side of the road, but i think it comes down to my insurer covering me in accordance with my policy and then recovering costs from his insurance.
I do think that everything will be covered any way as the insured amount is high enough and they can also see what bits are still on it at the time of the accident for proof of those components.

Flip a coin between the NRMA return and the Ranger, thats a pretty good price on a quite highly modified Ranger (even though im not a fan being a Ford). Besides you will always have a d22 around to pull you out when you need it.

Got the price down to $50k drive away on the ranger with all the bits i want, ARB or TJM bullbar, rear bar, under body bash plates, canopy with racks, roof rack for cab, snorkel, tint, weather shields, bonnet protector, mats, so pretty much everything excluding the lift $2k and the tyres

Got the price down to $50k drive away on the ranger with all the bits i want, ARB or TJM bullbar, rear bar, under body bash plates, canopy with racks, roof rack for cab, snorkel, tint, weather shields, bonnet protector, mats, so pretty much everything excluding the lift $2k and the tyres

NRMA also said that they would not only get me another ST with all the things that were on it at the time of purchase but would give me a separate settlement on the extra bits and pieces that were added after as long as they are on the wreck now,
so the winch, spotties, UHF, dual battery wiring and isolator, will all be paid out in the way of a cheque for the total of those bits.

Yeah i did love my D40's especially the last one, BUT what makes me a little nervous is the front Diff.

I broke my second diff only a few hrs before the accident up at Lithgow, and when it broke i was only crossing a rut , no wheels in the air or anything just flexing and CRACK oil all over the ground .

Actually the same rut that got Mike1303's rear step when we were on the last Forum trip.

So i am a little gun shy now about the front diffs

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions, decisions!!
Haha, what to do. Sorry it's beer o'clock here and I'm trying to decide on some tyres. But it ain't gonna be no where near as hard as the choice you have to make! Good luck!

Cheers Mate, Brad

Back