All Smashed Up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As good as people think they are they are WAY over priced and the stock V8 doesnt have as much grunt as you would think they should and actually has less torque then the navs.
(151kw and 430nm torque,, D40 = 440nm torque 140kw)

I could just never justify the price on one IMO they should be at least 20k cheaper.

Yeah im guessing its coz they are aimed at old cockies plodding around the farm, watching cows and carrying heavy loads. i do like them though as previously mentioned they run forever (well the 76`s did) and are as tough as shit, look at the crusier that joined us at Newnes last time, he hammered that thing flat stick every time without a problem.

Yeah im guessing its coz they are aimed at old cockies plodding around the farm, watching cows and carrying heavy loads. i do like them though as previously mentioned they run forever (well the 76`s did) and are as tough as shit, look at the crusier that joined us at Newnes last time, he hammered that thing flat stick every time without a problem.

That's a good point. Nathan, did you check the cabin for space for your walking frame?

That's a good point. Nathan, did you check the cabin for space for your walking frame?

I did and i come up with two solutions, 1- i get the new folding model and put it in the cab with the wife two kids and the dogs or

2- i stick with the fixed frame (but reliable) one i have and get the new ute with a canopy so i can lob that sucker in the back and not have it blow out on the freeway at 180kph.

After much deliberation and a long talk with you about your current set up im going with the canopy option :ha:

Last edited:
Canopy is the only way to go if you don't carry bikes i had my tonneu cover slashed last friday at a shopping center all that was in there was the high lift that was chained they could of just undone it and saved me the pain luckily i had a spare one i got from Rusty before he added the canopy.

Canopy is the only way to go if you don't carry bikes i had my tonneu cover slashed last friday at a shopping center all that was in there was the high lift that was chained they could of just undone it and saved me the pain luckily i had a spare one i got from Rusty before he added the canopy.

ASSHOLES!!! thats just slack.

That's messed up about your tonneau, just last week I came out to my car in a Westfield car park and the cover had been lifted up and almost completely removed. Luckily all my gear is locked up in a tool box.

Heard from the Stealership today, or should i say i chased up the Dealer today and it turns out they couldnt get a 2013 built white XLS, BUT they said they can have a 2014 in by the 22nd of feb and will add $1000 to the deal for the later model!!
My response was while that seems fair enough its not what i agreed on and paid a deposit on so it really isnt my problem and unless they honour the original price i will walk and shop elsewhere out of principal.
I clearly told them that this is my work ute and as i no longer have one i need to hurry up and the only reason i decided not to go with the "new for old" NRMA were offering was because they promised the ute at a good price and suitable timeframe.
Any way after a lengthy conversation about how hard done by THEY are the sales manager agreed to leave it at the agreed price and to have all my accessories ordered so they are waiting for the ute to arrive rather then the other way around.

I cant wait to get it.

are we there yet
what ya driving round?
not the slylux?

A new X-Trail courtesy of NRMA most of the time and one of my workers is carrying all the ladders ect on his ute, BUT i have had to take the gutlux a few times when i have needed to go to other jobs :cray:.

Heard from the Stealership today, or should i say i chased up the Dealer today and it turns out they couldnt get a 2013 built white XLS, BUT they said they can have a 2014 in by the 22nd of feb and will add $1000 to the deal for the later model!!
My response was while that seems fair enough its not what i agreed on and paid a deposit on so it really isnt my problem and unless they honour the original price i will walk and shop elsewhere out of principal.
I clearly told them that this is my work ute and as i no longer have one i need to hurry up and the only reason i decided not to go with the "new for old" NRMA were offering was because they promised the ute at a good price and suitable timeframe.
Any way after a lengthy conversation about how hard done by THEY are the sales manager agreed to leave it at the agreed price and to have all my accessories ordered so they are waiting for the ute to arrive rather then the other way around.

I cant wait to get it.

I too would have walked because I would be suspicious that they never had any intention of supplying what they promised, rather it was a ploy to get the deal. No doubt a bit paranoid.

Hope it all pans out well.

Got your new wagon yet? I hear they've passed inspections and being shipped!

image-2405654619.jpg

The trouble is that bloke thought he was working at ford but walked into the nissan factory by mistake and when i saw 300 others just like him he new he was in the right spot and got straight to work...

Should have the new ute next friday with any luck TJM will have it all fitted out by then anyway.

Sure am mate, since the hire car went back I've been driving the old gutlux, so bloody painful.
I'm ready to sell that thing so I never have to drive it again

Back