Work, what do you do.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nomadic Navara said:
Didn't consider calling yourself Bridion did you? Three less letters to type. Did you have some involvement in the development of the stuff?

No involvement other than used it a couple of times, helping to line Bridion's pockets !!! and yes I do regret how long a word I chose for my user name!!! Hey ho, live and learn:)

I set this business up in Aus about 10 years ago Touchscreens - kiosks - LCD's - Touchmonitors - 4 years ago we dragged it to the US and have been slowly growing it in both countries. My daily routine is about as diverse as you could hope - one day I'll be programming software, the next day I’ll be tig welding and designing kiosks and then the day after I’ll be in a tie in meetings all day. I'm kind of the overflow guy. I spend most of my time in Australia but also a fair bit of time in the US.

i'm a carpenter/construction worker, gave the house subbie work away about six year's ago,went back to civil construction doing fi/fo work,much better than belting nail's in houses.

Who uses a hammer anymore to hit nails in? Nail guns must of been after ur time :p. Cordless guns are mad. Paslode or Hitachi have to be my preferences :)

:rock:G,day, gents & genettes

Where do I start!

Well I served 18 months with the Rhodesian army with 3 commando RLI. 1979/1980

I then served 12 years in the Australian Regular army 1980/1992 with 2/4 & 6 RAR and then finally with 2 commando in Melb.

After retiring from the military, I ran security for several night-clubs in Melb and Geelong and also ran a security training business for 6 years as a firearms and tactical baton instructor.

I then became a director of a Para-legal company called ASG Dynamic Solutions which I ran from 1998 to 2008.

I am now semi-retired and do voluntary work for both the RSL and NSW Marine Rescue.

Regards,

RLI
:rock:

ime a refrigeration mechanic
but i got tired of constantly chasing work and dealing with winging customers
so for the last 6 years i have worked at an aluminium smelter as a furnace operator
good steady income with a four on four off roster gives me plenty of time to get the nav dirty

I'm the Chief Operating Officer (big title for a small company - I'm basically the Ops Manager and Lead Engineer) at CommsIT Australia Pty Ltd. We are an IT Managed Services and Telecommunications Systems and Infrastructure company. Mostly small to medium sized businesses that outsource their IT to us, but also some more interesting infrastructure projects like retirement villages and apartment buildings that want complex TV/Security/Phone systems. Interesting work, and keeps me busy.

For all u chippys that think ur jack of all trades cant wait till u have to deal with shit.. every sparky or chippy i know winges about all the sick stuff plumbers do...

ohhh its fun to stir :p

I have nothing but respect for the fitters and plumbers where I am working now in the waste water section. those poor bastards end up knee deep and worse on occasions pulling the sub stations and treatment plants out of the "shit"! Days like that I'm glad i became an electrician!

:rock:G,day, gents & genettes

Where do I start!

Well I served 18 months with the Rhodesian army with 3 commando RLI. 1979/1980

I then served 12 years in the Australian Regular army 1980/1992 with 2/4 & 6 RAR and then finally with 2 commando in Melb.

After retiring from the military, I ran security for several night-clubs in Melb and Geelong and also ran a security training business for 6 years as a firearms and tactical baton instructor.

I then became a director of a Para-legal company called ASG Dynamic Solutions which I ran from 1998 to 2008.

I am now semi-retired and do voluntary work for both the RSL and NSW Marine Rescue.

Regards,

RLI
:rock:

A good mate of mine has just left 4 RAR and I reckin you would no Dave Hedgecock being in the security business

My trade is an Instrument fitter, but I have tried my hand at a number of jobs. Best Job I had was running a number of fishing vessels in the gulf of Carpenteria (wife didn't think so though), for the last 9 years I have been playing in the mines up in NW QLD in various roles.

im a qualified arborist or tree lopping as some people like to call us, main role is looking after a team of guys running job sites and climbing and either pruning or removing the trees, so pretty handy with a chainsaw comes in handy out on the tracks more then a few times

Hey yall,

I started working at McDonalds when I was 16, 9 years later I put in the quittin papers. Went as far as I could, ran 2 stores, I would have had to wait for someone to die, plus, I hated it, really loathed the job and my dick of a consultant, but thats another story for another day.

Since October last year I have been working in Construction in the city mostly. I work as a concrete cutter, we saw and core pannels, slabs and anything concrete. We some how got the contract to do part of the Monah upgrade, so, sorry If we slowed you down on the way somwhere over the last few months.
Its a great job, I enjoy it, its something different and VERY physically demanding. My boss can be jerk, but we all get paid very well and are well looked after (van, tools, phone etc)
If you need stuff cut up or holes drilled in your slabs, let me know, im sure we can come to some sort of arrangement.

Thanks

Stuart

My trade is an Instrument fitter, but I have tried my hand at a number of jobs. Best Job I had was running a number of fishing vessels in the gulf of Carpenteria (wife didn't think so though), for the last 9 years I have been playing in the mines up in NW QLD in various roles.

Any tips to getting a foot in the door mate. I got a few people handing my paperwork around but I'm exploring every avenue. There is a chance I could be working on the belts, underground... by Xmas.... Goo or bad

Latest posts

Back