2013 STX V6 problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kgl88

Hi, we bought a brand new 2013 STX V6 in feb 2014. It was great for the first 6mths. After that, we have had nothing but problems! It has gone into limp mode several times. First time they replaced the brake switch assay. The problem wasnt fixed. In aplil this year (2014) it went into limp mode on a very busy stretch of road, which had my family (my 3young children were in the back) and dam near had us Tboned from both directions (if it were a trick coming each way, we would of been cleaned up). It got towed into nissan(monday morning) and the problem was supposable fixed. We picked it up on the friday. We had only drivin it back to where we were staying (19km) and back in for ANZAC day on the sat (20km) for it only to go into limp mode again! It got towed to nissan and they had it for 8days. We were going between nissan Townsville, and nissan australia and we had the WORST customer service from both of them. We had to drive back home (7hr trip) with a hire car. I drove back up to townsville (14hr round trip) to pick our car up (which townsville nissan used all of our fuel (was full when they received it, and when i picked it up i litterally rolled into the first servo i found and it was bone dry ��)
Now our car is having MORE problems (june 2014-still doing it nov 2014)! It wont accelerate how it is suppose to and it wont change up through the gears! If u put your foot down, the speedo slows down and the revs go really high. We have to turn the car off and restart it and hope for the best. The engine immobiliser comes on and off as it pleases. It also lets our black smoke/soot no matter whether you are accelerating or just sittin on a set speed on cruise control. I have rung nissan on several occasions* (we live 3hrs away from the closest nissan dealer). My family have had nissans all my life (9 nissans so far) but after the trouble we have had with ours, and the VERY poor customer service, we will never buy nor reccommend a nissan to anyone!
We still owe $60000 on this car, i am absolutely disgusted, i dont even feel safe in it and dont want to put my families life at risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a win with a Nissan dealership.
I put my D40 in for a service, they contacted me and said there was a problem with a power steering hose and they were replacing it under warranty.

When I took my vehicle home and a few days later cleaned it I could not find the scratch I put in the right fender.

I think when they serviced my car they thought they scratched it. they lied about the power steering hose.

Anyway the scratch is fixed.

Not often you have a win.

thats a cheap stx. anyway mate how about you contact your local nissan service dealer and tell him the car is coming in to be fixed properly and you would like a curticy [ spelling ] vehicle to use while your vehicle is being repaired under its 3 year warranty policy. no matter what company you sometimes need to just tell them what you want not let them tell you.

Latest posts

Back