Sports bar mounted lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if they want to get as petty as fining you for "intent" to use the light, how about "if the light is there it must work". Will that mean you get a fine if you have them unplugged.

from what i understand

that for qld any forward facing light must be wired to the high beams regardless of height and type

In SA we can only have six forward facing white lights. That means if you have duel type headlights (separate high and low beam) they count as 4 lights and you can only have one pair of extra lights. Don't know if they might try and count your parkers in the bull bar but I think the inturprite the law as it suits them on the spot.

i just went through the vic roads web site , the only thing i could find was superseded and in the new regs there was only mention of approved lights , nothing about distance , height or number and that was in the vehicle standards section

Hi. I have a question for you guys. Does there rules apply to all states & territories?

No idea , and it don't seem anyone does , the vic rules have changed and as the guy above pointed to a link for QLD seems you can have them there , iam seeing plenty of them on the road though

It's looking to be a real can of worms , ill have to dig deeper into it I think.

my thoughts
i wouldn't go to the trouble of putting 12v halogen lights on roof again
it was a pain in the ass getting the wiring up there and i am suffering from voltage drop
each set (2) has 15 amp wire and relay,its not enough
and they really dont make a differance with the 2x 85w hid's up front
i will replace mine with lightbar one day
till then i leave fuse out unless i intend to use them for side lights offroad
''they are not,in any way, connected to headlight circuit''
cheers

Last edited:
my thoughts
i wouldn't go to the trouble of putting 12v halogen lights on roof again
it was a pain in the ass getting the wiring up there and i am suffering from voltage drop
each set (2) has 15 amp wire and relay,its not enough
and they really dont make a differance with the 2x 85w hid's up front
i will replace mine with lightbar one day
till then i leave fuse out unless i intend to use them for side lights offroad
''they are not,in any way, connected to headlight circuit''
cheers

you think a light bar would work better up there ?

I also searched the legal side re the 1200mm seams that that law does not exist anymore. Apologies if anyone was mislead when i got done it was 23 years ago i don't think the authorities even know.

What ever way i go , their going to wired to the duel battery set up which is on the chassis rail around the back of the cab , so the wiring run is very short , and after these discussions i think ill have it fused , and a switch inside the tub , not the cab , lets see the intent to use then lol , now i know my arms aren't long enough reach into the back of the tub while iam driving

Think i run a duel swtich set up switch either in the tub or under the dash out of the way, ill be running mine from the duel battery.

I had a switch in the tub and a second hidden switch in the cab via a relay to the aux battery.The pricks won't find it and it's a good option given the versatility.

I had a switch in the tub and a second hidden switch in the cab via a relay to the aux battery.The pricks won't find it and it's a good option given the versatility.

Thats the idea, did i mention i hate running wires in a ute?.

Latest posts

Back