Strange Engine light issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ps. I read your post on the other forum and one of the members had some good advice. Though it would also be a long shot as the neutral position switch causing your problems would be extremely unusual, it's not impossible. It wouldn't throw the codes you mention, though there is a (probably very small) chance they were stored previously and not relevant?

Have you tried simply unplugging it to see if it makes a difference? It's probably worth doing as it's so easy. It won't hurt the car at all, just means you will have no "heat switch". Probably a similar climate to Aus where people leave it disconnected if it plays up anyway, not really necessary to have one.

ps. On second thought, from memory nps won't result in engine light. So it's further unlikely to have anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Good day all here is the mentioned video.
looks like 0705 alright.
you can check voltages on the pump. always pays to check all earths, especially those on the inlet manifold. but other than that i'm picking its injection pump rebuild time.

ps. I read your post on the other forum and one of the members had some good advice. Though it would also be a long shot as the neutral position switch causing your problems would be extremely unusual, it's not impossible. It wouldn't throw the codes you mention, though there is a (probably very small) chance they were stored previously and not relevant?

Have you tried simply unplugging it to see if it makes a difference? It's probably worth doing as it's so easy. It won't hurt the car at all, just means you will have no "heat switch". Probably a similar climate to Aus where people leave it disconnected if it plays up anyway, not really necessary to have one.

ps. On second thought, from memory nps won't result in engine light. So it's further unlikely to have anything to do with it.
Will give it a go this evening as i did the whole start with heat switch run trough gears and found it sometimes doesn't idle back up again. So its definitely faulty.

looks like 0705 alright.
you can check voltages on the pump. always pays to check all earths, especially those on the inlet manifold. but other than that i'm picking its injection pump rebuild time.
I sure hope not. As its an extremely expensive thing to do in South Africa. Almost the same price as an engine replacement. Any idea as to what the voltages should be and where?

0705 dd2 zd30.jpg
0705 dd2 zd30.jpg

Yeah. No i tried it once didn't go as planned. So inwould rather get a mechanic to do it.
Yeah, I believe swapping out the VP44 is a tricky job. Been A While did it and posted a fair bit of info in a thread a while ago. Enough to convince me to start saving for the inevitable replacement on my rig. $200 a month for the last few years so I am ready for it now.
Still way cheaper than buying a new ute!

Yeah, I believe swapping out the VP44 is a tricky job. Been A While did it and posted a fair bit of info in a thread a while ago. Enough to convince me to start saving for the inevitable replacement on my rig. $200 a month for the last few years so I am ready for it now.
Still way cheaper than buying a new ute!
True. I will have to start saving asap. So i dont get caught with my pants down. For time being I will try all other options that was mentioned in this post. And on a few other forums. Probably start over the weekend. Put some quality time in.

Thanks mate will have a look this evening. Is the connector numbered?
sorry i have no idea.

and yes swapping out the pump is a big job. best thing is to download a copy of the manual as there is a few traps. (if you don't lock the scissor gear its gets even more expensive).

Latest posts

Back