D22 UPGRADE QUESTIONS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MYD22K

Reaction score
hey guys I own a 2008 d22 I stupidly paid $11,000 with out a RWC,
I took it in for the inspection and it come back with like 37 defects!
everything from sway bar link pins too tierod ends , balljoints , window tint, mirrors, window ra ra ra......
I was quoted $4500 to get everything done, which I did....... it came back and my steering column popped out,
this week a nut had worn off my steering arm , link pins installed upside down! boots not greased....... so I got completely shafted!
bare with me please .....!!!
I still don't have the car in my name yet , and I'm about to put it in for ALL repairs to be done, to make it road worthy at a diesel truck repair place, so I can put it in my name .

I want a proper 4WD! that I can take away and use the bloody thing like I should be able to right!.....
so MY QUESTION IS !!!!

instead of it being looked over again and repaired ......... should I just purchase a power performance upgrade, like this....

NISSAN NAVARA D22 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE​

StreetFighter 4×4 packages are the ultimate upgrade for towing, touring, and off-roading. We have developed specific packages for a range of turbo diesel 4×4’s, to give you maximum performance and reliability from your vehicle.
The StreetFighter 4×4 performance package will increase your Nissan Navara D22 2.5L TD 2007 to current to 116 kw / 340 Nm
The StreetFighter package includes:
  • Streetfighter Power Flash Custom on-Dyno Calibration
  • Streetfighter Premium 409 Stainless Steel 3.0″ Dump Pipe back (inc cat)
Price: $ 3575 Including installation
Additional Upgrade Options:
  • Streetfighter Premium Lightweight Intercooler system
  • Streetfighter Xtreme Outback Organic Clutch Kit Upgrade 480 Nm
  • Streetfighter Suspension
  • 3 Year /100,000 Km Limited Driveline Warranty
At the core of the 4×4 performance package is the StreetFighter performance tune. This is the perfect way to maximise the potential of your vehicle, whether it is stock or heavily modified. We take your individual vehicle, carefully and systematically tune on our chassis dyno to achieve the very best power, performance and driveability for your 4WD or SUV.
The StreetFighter performance flash tune is the perfect way to get the extra potential out of your factory delivered vehicle, providing power and torque throughout the rev range where you need it. This is great for towing, off-roading and even for daily driving around town. The extra advantage is that as you improve your engine’s tune, the fuel economy also improves.
The benefit of the upgraded exhaust system is that it allows your engine to run higher performance, at a safer level, consistently. Coupled with the upgraded intercooler you can be sure your 4×4 will be reliable and give consistent power when you need it.
Extra power, performance and improved fuel economy.
Nothing comes close!

I GOT THERE IN THE END LOL!!!!!!! I would appreciate any advise please thanks for sticking with the read!!

i'd be looking for a decent mechanic to sort out all the basic stuff first.

3500 for a tune and an exhaust is a lot, you can probably buy a basic 3" ex system and install yourself for about $500 or so, but its not the 1st mod id be looking at. drive it for a while then add a chip and exhaust if u feel you really need it.

tyres, suspension, bashplates would be the first mods i would look at.

I want to put my car in somewhere for a ‘pump my ride’ experience ! I’ve spent so much on it already I may aswell!
Where can I go !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back