Spoke to soon. Expensive week its gonna be.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I say let's not get into it....

......mainly because I can't figure out how to word the comment I was thinking without sounding crass and uneducated and there is already enough comments from D22 drivers on here :ha:

Lets just hope Daves problem is something minor, we spend enough on our cars as it is!

Nah Dave's problem is major but his Nav's problem may not be.

By the time we get back on topic he'll have the thing fixed.

Surprised he hasn't posted in the last 5 hrs, can't be asleep must be in the shed saying soothing words.

Dave, you will notice that the throttle position sensor code comes up quite often as it needs calibration every now and then. The way to get rid of it is to let it idle for 10 min so it re-learns the home position. Oh wait, you can't do that! The other way unfortunately uses the consult 2 thing that only Nissan or a good diesel place will have. The workshop manual describes these two options in a bit more detail. It's unlikely that the symptoms you describe are related to this, the pump code would be the concern. Don't make my mistake and fix it, just go buy a new ranger instead!

Surprised he hasn't posted in the last 5 hrs, can't be asleep must be in the shed saying soothing words.

5hrs? These days Dave goes 5 weeks without posting. He comes on with some idea to share with everyone, asks the question then disappears and we all forget what he asked.

He hadn't as of 7pm last night when I was talking to him.

He was carrying on something about about a loan car and not being happy, truth be told I think those metallic pink Micra's were made for guys like Dave.

He did actually say something along the lines of. "These new petrol engines go alright, I might consider one next time"

I dunno I reckon he's becoming a convert, next time you see a Metallic Pink Micra with a five post bullbar and HID driving lights, wave it might just be Dave.

The smart bugger tricked me, he didn't go the five poster, he retro fitted the Nav's bullbar on his new ride so it took me a little while to find. But here it is Dave's new ride.

daves_micra.gif

The smart bugger tricked me, he didn't go the five poster, he retro fitted the Nav's bullbar on his new ride so it took me a little while to find. But here it is Dave's new ride.

daves_micra.gif

Love your work Krafty. Funniest thing I have ever seen all week.

thats "dead seeeexy"

Lets just hope Daves problem is something minor, we spend enough on our cars as it is!

I am thinking its just the Pedal box, still waiting for Nissan to even !@#$ing look at the ute. Chick on the phone told me they were quiet. Yet they still haven't had time to look. Grrrrr.

Dave, you will notice that the throttle position sensor code comes up quite often as it needs calibration every now and then. The way to get rid of it is to let it idle for 10 min so it re-learns the home position. Oh wait, you can't do that! The other way unfortunately uses the consult 2 thing that only Nissan or a good diesel place will have. The workshop manual describes these two options in a bit more detail. It's unlikely that the symptoms you describe are related to this, the pump code would be the concern. Don't make my mistake and fix it, just go buy a new ranger instead!

I doubt its the idle problem, I am not gonna let it free rev at 3300rpm for 10 minutes.

I am hoping its the Accelerator pedal thats faulty though.

I dont wanna trade it as I am debt free and looking to change jobs, see how it goes tomorrow though.

Maybe bloody friday knowing Nissan, "Sigh".

Love the new ride Dave!! Are you going to colour code the bar?? and also you need those big eye lashes for the headlights ive seen all the other girls putting on their Micra's.:girl_wacko:

Sssshhhhh dave he didn't want anyone to know the real reason he was trading in the Nav

Well I have just been talking to Dave and he now tells me the Micra is off the list...too much power for an Ex D22 owner to handle apparently. He's just brought himself a Accent (de-tuned to have less power than a Micra. He's quite happy with the new ride and asked me to post pics for him.

daves_accent.gif

Oh yeah he's probably going to come online and tell some story about the Nav being fixed and back on the road but don't listen to him he just wants to keep his moderator status on the forum.

Hi Dave

You should have got it brought down to Sydney and get Charlie have to a go fixing it as he is always working on his truck where he works.:ha:

Shane

I'd be happy to look at Dave's car. No problem. Aswell as yourself Shane...

Latest posts

Back