Spoke to soon. Expensive week its gonna be.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Started the Nav yesterday morning, wouldn't start and the dash went dead.

Tried again and she started, drove around 10km's or there abouts and she lost power. Pulled over and restarted, engine shot up to 3200rpm.

Didn't wanna see how far she'd go I jammed it in 4th and stalled it with my foot on the brake. Got it tilt trayed home and got a hire car for a couple of days.

Checked all the earths and battery connections as they were filthy. Thought Id fixed it, nope.

Plugged in my ECU talk that works when it wants to, got 2 fault codes. Accelerator Pedal fault and something to do with the pump. However, I have a feeling the pump code is related to the Accelerator pedal.

Will drive it to the local Nissan dealer in the morning, lets hope there service has improved or I will be having a go at there idiotic service manager. However I am hoping he got sacked, I hate that guy.

Hi Dave, I've got a spare pedal assembly that i bought but don't need, If you want to try it i can send it down.

The wire your chip connects to on the pedal should read 0.4 volts at idle up to 4.2 volts at W.O.T.

Thats not a good way to start the day mate. Let us know what Nissan have to say.
Hope its nothing drastic.

Yeah, it is cheaper than a pump but for ealier models you can just buy a throttle position sensor for $120 instead of having to buy an entire pedal assembly for $500.

It's like Nissan saying they don't sell injector pumps seperately, you have to buy an entire engine.

Can you tell me where i can get fuel pumps for not much more than $500?? because i will grab as many as possible!! i will be rich just selling them again. :redcool:

coz im a good bloke you can have mine for $400.it injects diesel great,just to the floor not the engine :rofl2:

Last edited:
I'd hate to see what they charge for a D40 one if that's how much the cheap shit parts are.

Lets not get into what D22 drivers blow or we might get another homo alert pop up!

Latest posts

Back