Wont rev

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronO

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a 2011 nissan navara d40 stx.
In mornings when engine is cold it will idle fine but when driving it will not rev over 2000rpm under load. It will do this early in the mornings and late at night during the day its fine. I've just done a service also replaced SCV an done ecu reset any help would be great

Obtaining any error codes from the ECU would be the next step. If you do it with a bluetooth ELM-327 OBD2 dongle and an app like Torque, you can also take a squiz at the boost pressure being generated by the turbocharger. It's possible that the turbocharger control unit isn't functioning properly (you may not see codes for this, but will see smoke and low boost pressures which should be 18psi-22psi under load).

Hi guys I'm still having the same issue. When ute is cold at 4.30am going to work the max revs i will get is 2000rpm. When I've finished work around 4pm there is none issue revs fine throw all gears. Have replaced SCV, MAP sensor Turbo boost control, an done a service. Max boost is around 10psi in the mornings but later in the day its around 18-20psi and help please

Hi guys I'm still having the same issue. When ute is cold at 4.30am going to work the max revs i will get is 2000rpm. When I've finished work around 4pm there is none issue revs fine throw all gears. Have replaced SCV, MAP sensor Turbo boost control, an done a service. Max boost is around 10psi in the mornings but later in the day its around 18-20psi and help please

Once the engine is up to temp in the morning, does the boost level rise? Boost levels can be affected by air temperature (measured by the MAFS - because cold air is denser, the ECU compensates for the temp of the incoming air) but I wouldn't have thought it would be that dramatic a change. It sounds more like there's a problem in the turbocharger, so inspection of that would be prudent. Remove the intake hose and try to "wiggle" the turbocharger's shaft, then try to rotate it (cold engine). It shouldn't wiggle, and rotation should be smooth.

I assume the "MAP sensor" that you've replaced is the MAFS that sits in the air pipe just outside the air filter box? If so, there shouldn't be a need to clean it, but if that's not the sensor you've replaced, take it out and run some electrical contact cleaner (or MAFS cleaner, it's the same stuff) in through the little hole in the end (do NOT insert anything other than liquid into that hole, ever!).

Hay
Once the engine is up to temp in the morning, does the boost level rise? Boost levels can be affected by air temperature (measured by the MAFS - because cold air is denser, the ECU compensates for the temp of the incoming air) but I wouldn't have thought it would be that dramatic a change. It sounds more like there's a problem in the turbocharger, so inspection of that would be prudent. Remove the intake hose and try to "wiggle" the turbocharger's shaft, then try to rotate it (cold engine). It shouldn't wiggle, and rotation should be smooth.

I assume the "MAP sensor" that you've replaced is the MAFS that sits in the air pipe just outside the air filter box? If so, there shouldn't be a need to clean it, but if that's not the sensor you've replaced, take it out and run some electrical contact cleaner (or MAFS cleaner, it's the same stuff) in through the little hole in the end (do NOT insert anything other than liquid into that hole, ever!).

Jay map sensor replace was the 1 on top of intercooler. Will try thenturbontonite when I get home
Cheers

Back