What oil's are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday every one just the site i need for witch oils are best or worst, so for the last 3 years i have been useing castrol magnatic 5w 40 every 6000ks an d carnt complain. Great site too.

Can I use castrol edge sport 0w-40 in a 2012 D22? Been told it will work perfectly but just wanna check. 10,000 k service btw.

Last edited:
does anybody know where i can get valvoline syn power mst c4 5w-30 for my 550 from as i have a friend who has a garage and the only thing he uses there are valvoline products and his rep says that grade of valvoline oil isn't even available here in australia?? my 550 has now got 7k on and i'm wanting to drain the oil out of it, apparently even the local nissan dealership only puts durablend in the 550's!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

Castrol have just released a 5w-40 fully synthetic diesel oil. Suitable for dog vehicles aswell. I ran castrol in my bt50 and had no issues. Been running nulon products in then nav and can't fault. Though the castrol comes in a little cheaper I will be giving it a try when the nulon has run out. Also using a Nulon Diesel Oil Conditioner/Treatment and works a dream.

Rusty

5000?? No wonder they like you mate lol 10k to 15k but everyone usually does 10k.. 5k is over kill mate in my opinion

haha ive only had the nav for less than a year n done the oil twice, i run engine flushes for a day before i drop the oil n it allways comes out pretty thin, i did the egr mod a few weeks back so when i put new oil in n drop it the next time ill check to see if its any cleaner as it wont be reburning so much crap

5000?? No wonder they like you mate lol 10k to 15k but everyone usually does 10k.. 5k is over kill mate in my opinion

Your opinion might change if your turbo fails
10 k is ok but 5k oil changes in a turbo diesel is recommended by most diesel mechanic
Might start a poll on subject ?
Cheap insurance

haha ive only had the nav for less than a year n done the oil twice, i run engine flushes for a day before i drop the oil n it allways comes out pretty thin, i did the egr mod a few weeks back so when i put new oil in n drop it the next time ill check to see if its any cleaner as it wont be reburning so much crap

Well as far as I know every Diesel engine oil is always black because of the combustion.. I haven't seen a Diesel engine with clear oil except when new they all go black and stay black as far as I know...

Your opinion might change if your turbo fails
10 k is ok but 5k oil changes in a turbo diesel is recommended by most diesel mechanic
Might start a poll on subject ?
Cheap insurance

Well I drive over 60-70k per day and I put over $100 in oil and then some in filter change in every service I do.. It might be ok to do every 5k but defiantly not at nissan or a diesel mechanic which charges $100 per hour for labour plus parts and oil.. Hey if you got cash to do it all the time at 5k be my guest it's defiantly not bad for the engine but I'd rather spend my money in a fuel filter more often instead then oil change..
Btw.. I've had my navara from new I have just hit 150k changed oil every 10k sometimes every 15k haven't changed 1 turbo...

been trying penrite 5w-40 in the D22.
goes very nicely.

however trying gulf western J spec oil (designed and spec'ed for jap engines) in the other 4x4. it feels a bit better than the penrite as its summer. might not be so good with cold running in winter.

i have a 2002 str with 120000 on the clock and was wondering what oils you guys recommend for the drive train?
chris

Use Caltex Delo 400. Great oil.

Semi trailers have 30,000km oil changes from memory. How come they can do 1 million km's on a engine, seen semi turbo's with 800,000km's on them, changed for preventative maintenance and the new turbo fails in 200,000km's time.

We're in the year 2013, not 1983 were motors were indirect injection. Well the pile of crap TD42 was still using that technology in 2006.

i use this oil in my d22 03 every 5k and filter every 10k

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 76
I have a 05 d22 ZD30 and use

Engine Oil: Penrite HPR5 5W40 Cap: 6.7L
Manual Gearbox: Penrite Pro Gear 75W-85 Cap: 5.1L
Rear Diff: Penrite Gear Oil 80W-140 Cap: 1.3L
4WD Transfer: Penrite Pro Gear 75W-85 Cap: 2.2L
Front Diff: Penrite Gear Oil 80W-90 Cap: 1.3L
Radiator: Tectaloy Gold Cap: 11.8L