What oil's are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Just after some advice for engine oil, I have a 2011 D40 STX manual, and I live up in Darwin, where it is a pretty constant 32 degrees celcius all year round. I was thinking I should use a thicker oil, but was after some good brands/tips.
Cheers

08 D22 YD25 115,000k

first time using:
penrite HPR 5W-40 semi synthetic
RYCO Z89A filter.

will see how it runs with the penrite, have heard good things.

my nav is hands down the easiest diesel ive ever done an oil change on. 30 mins having a beer and not a drop of oil lost anywhere.....

i work on ships offshore with large (52lt capacity) CAT 3512 diesels (600Lt sumps) and we only use delo 400. top oil.

on a side note, i was reading back through my service book and noticed the nissan dealership had used magantec professional 15w40....so there ya go.

I've got a 03 ZD30 with 189k and I'm getting ready to change the engine oil.

I'm currently running Penrite HPR Diesel 15, 15W 50. I have a feeling this is a little thick and may perhaps change to the HPR 10 instead.

This is my first diesel car and I'm really paranoid about it blowing up. I had to pull into so fast moving traffic today and revved it to 4000 rpm. I was so paranoid afterwards.

Advice from the brains trust is greatly appreciated.

The Nissan stealership was using and i qoute :jackoff: genuine Nissan 15w 40, now in using castrol edge 5w 30. Car has 80,000 Ks just out of warranty now getting loacal arb dealer to do 10,000 k services Not the stealaship. And i do the 5000 in between oil and filter.

Last edited:
The Dealer put Nissan 5w/30 c4 oil in my 550 and I was surprised that it was only $53 for 5L, and they gave me the other 5L container with the left over oil for its next service.

All the C4 oils I have looked at like Valvoline Synpower Mst ect are $65 plus for 5L.

Nissan have a supplier deal with Elf and the oil specs look like Elf Solaris Fe 5w30.

So unless I can get Elf solaris cheaper from ,

http://www.onshoreoils.com.au/elf-automotive-oils.php#engine-oils

It will be Nissan oil for my Nav.

:cheers!:

For those that use it,

Repco has 5lt containers of Penrite HPR diesel 10, 10w-40 for $36 each, $12 Saving, I brought a couple of them, cheaper than buying them in 10lt containers too.

2008 D40 Navara

Amsoil Premium Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Oil
Amsoil Oil Filter EAO42

Excellent products

Prenrite!

I use Penrite:Grade: 20-60 and my Gauge shows 30 at the Idle and 45psi
at 75 k.P.H. at Highway speed, Lots of People wave to me, as they pass, Well,
Maybe that should read,"Lots of People shake their Fists at me, as they pass me
by,! Either way the Motor has no Rattles or clanking as yet, I have only had the
"Tug" for Three Months, and It Is still being Run-In, {tongue in cheek}, but I am
pleased with Her!

The Tug is:
1987 D21: with a SD25, 2.5L in H.P.
Diesel Motor, that runs near silent, {with my Hearing Aid turned off.}
My Wife hates it, I don,t hear why, {remember Hearing Aid Batteries}

Best regards,
highway man!:violin2:

Hi all, I hope I haven't boo booed... Just did a 5000k oil and filter change on my 2007 STX D40 6spd manual. I used Valvoline SYN power fully synthetic 5W-40 as recommend by my local auto supplier. I don't think I have a DPF or 3 way catalyst whatever that is...
Thoughts? Seems to love the new oil.

Hi all, I hope I haven't boo booed... Just did a 5000k oil and filter change on my 2007 STX D40 6spd manual. I used Valvoline SYN power fully synthetic 5W-40 as recommend by my local auto supplier. I don't think I have a DPF or 3 way catalyst whatever that is...
Thoughts? Seems to love the new oil.
You'll be fine with that. The manuals never had dpfs in them, so no problem there...

Hey guys, I've got a 2014 D40 and as it's now out of warranty, I'm going to start servicing it myself. The operators book says use 5W30 oil, but at the last dealer service they used 15W40... Just after some advice on what to go with, or is it just personal preference? The dealer also said I need to do a fuel pump re-learn after changing the fuel filter, is this correct? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

use Penrite semi or full synthetic 5w - 30 or 10w - 30. the mechanic might have meant when you change the fuel filter you need to bleed the air out via the pump plunger on top of filter housing, buy a genuine fuel filter and make sure you get the rubber o - ring included which goes on the bottom water sensor unit. never heard of a re learn for a fuel filter change mate.

Penrith is the oil of choice then? Cool I'll check it out, now am I correct in saying the manuals don't have a DPF? And what advantage is there running the 5W30 over the 15W40? I thought the 5W30 may have been recommended because of the greater temp range and how cold it is in Europe... thanks for the advice mate!

Latest posts

Back