Warning warning warning Powerchip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77-dogg

Reaction score
Hey Boys and Girls

I would just like to give everyone the heads up from my experience I had my computer re mapped by Powerchip (Wayne Bes) rang me telling me a few company names where not as good as his tune. now one of theses companys I was going to use and he turned me away. Wayne WAS really helpful UNTIL I handed over the MONEY after that he has not wanted anything to do with me.

I have had nothing but problems with this since it was fitted. along the lines of it never use to overheat until this tune was done. It is now making 264ks to 3/4s of a tank (Hiway driving) when it was sent to Wayne to get it tuned to save fuel not make it worse.
now from Wayne Bes own words I was told it was running 25:1 fuel ratio and he has dropped it to 16:1 now every person I have spoken to about this so far has said that 16:1 fuel ratio is ridiculous ( I have had it in at 3 different shops now all saying send computer back )

Worst bit is he is not willing to help fix this problem his tune has made.
or at least the fuel as I think 20lts + per 100kms is shit when it was sent in to get better fuel economy.
it is also blowing white smoke randomly as if it is trying to do a DPF (Burn off) and he has just stoped the lights from turning on.

I am the silly one that did not have a look on google of the company name and Waynes name also. it was after the tune I looked and I did not see one positive review

So all in all each to there own but I would just like to give everyone the heads up. for the price he charges I will be spending the same amount and to get it done somewhere better that know what there doing.

Thanks for reading

Yep, name and shame them so they don't rip anyone else off.

Typed powerchip into Google, makes for a interesting read for 2 minutes. About as much time as I was prepared to waste.

You know the guy / product is sh!t when a Magazine actually bags him out.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/articl...erview-Powerchips-Wayne-Besanko-Part-1&A=0402

Todd, it's crap that you got stung mate.. We have an operator like that over here in WA - Named Formula Tech (but mostly commonly refered to as formula wreck).. He's showy, got all the right repsonses - and after you've paid - you're on your own mate!

I am sure one of the many learned people on here can recommend someone to fix your tuning problems and have you all sorted.. The problem is you'll pay twice..

HOLLY SHITE!.. I remember this dude .. Some people on the Performance Forums delivered a gearbox to his offices and had it dumped there.. So many LOLS from that.. Ahhh - memories!

For the LOLS.. http://jalopnik.com/5713816/how-an-aussie-forum-war-ended-in-a-police-visit

Last edited:
You know the guy / product is sh!t when a Magazine actually bags him out.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/articl...erview-Powerchips-Wayne-Besanko-Part-1&A=0402

Todd, it's crap that you got stung mate.. We have an operator like that over here in WA - Named Formula Tech (but mostly commonly refered to as formula wreck).. He's showy, got all the right repsonses - and after you've paid - you're on your own mate!

I am sure one of the many learned people on here can recommend someone to fix your tuning problems and have you all sorted.. The problem is you'll pay twice..

HOLLY SHITE!.. I remember this dude .. Some people on the Performance Forums delivered a gearbox to his offices and had it dumped there.. So many LOLS from that.. Ahhh - memories!

For the LOLS.. http://jalopnik.com/5713816/how-an-aussie-forum-war-ended-in-a-police-visit

HAHA that a funny read, little to serious for my liking, how many people googles that dudes name after reading it though?? i know i did. haha

Sorry, I got the point of the thread but sheesh, they are very liberal with the f n c bombs on that forum.
Not complaining, just amazing.

Weird dood imo.
He brought a fight where he had no business to imo.
Then opened himself and his company to more ridicule. Not clever.
Mind you, he's certainty going to flail about now.

Umm, didn't one of our members have his 550 chip done with great results?

Sorry, I got the point of the thread but sheesh, they are very liberal with the f n c bombs on that forum.
Not complaining, just amazing.

That's why it's one of the best forums :rofl2:

FYI, Powerchip = Powerflash. Same toss pot dropped half his name to Wayne Bes from Besanko.

Last edited:
Sorry to here your hassell mate. You should have some recourse. At least contact the ACCC or office of fair trading in your state. If nobody every does anything these rogues will continue to operate, business as usual. It should be Repair, Replace or Refund. that is the consumer law when it comes to things like this.

When they say the 25:1 AFR has been dropped to 16 what do the mean as a diesel engine has totally variable AFR right up to over 100:1

Better off spending the money on improvements that are mechanical than electronic skulduggery. Namely Exhaust and induction you see what you get before it goes on. Done right it will improve efficiency as well as increasing power.

Anyway good luck with it.

Powertune has nothing to do with this guy and is probably one of the best tuning outfits in Australia.

But seriously, all the internet articles aside. The tuning and service he has given the few customers I have read about are just about what you would expect from someone with little to no experience in tuning.

A search for "Powerchip" on Google will provide some interesting results, including this one.

He's not a user on this forum yet. If he created an account here and started behaving as he seems to have a pattern of doing, he would not last long. In case this post shows up in a search, I draw the reader's attention to the text on the home page below the image of the Navara entering the river about this site's intent and purpose.

Old_Tony - Thanks for the morning LOLZ with your link to Urban Dictionary...

I've been around cars a LONG time, and I still clearly remember how EPIC that Performance Forums thread was.. Hell I wasted DAYS reading through ... Gotta hand it to the dude that carried a 3 speed auto and dropped it on his front door..

Anyway, lesson is always GOOGLE and ask your peers when it comes to Performance Car Tuning...

How do they sleep?

Some strains of the human species have no conscience.
A gearbox on the driveway would not rectify this. On the head however......

Latest posts

Back