Optima batteries group buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottybobcat

2014 muster sponsor
Reaction score
For those in Melbourne that need a 2nd battery I have organised a group buy for the 775CCA optima battery.They retail for just over $400.00 each and if we get 6 or more people interested in buying I can get them for $320.00 each.If you are interested ring Scott on 0408145840 or PM me.

Be careful with the optimas. They have a tendency of dropping cells. Ive seen 3 of 4 drop a cell

I know it's nothing to do with me because I don't need one and I'm too far away anyway, but the question comes to my mind....

What would you choose, given a battery that you know is faulty 75% of the time but is $80 cheaper than the competitor that fails (say) 10% of the time ... and knowing this, which one would you choose if you were heading to regions where roadside assistance may be significantly delayed or non-existent?

I'd ask the guy if the warranty covered him driving a new battery up to the CSR or wherever you feel like heading next. Tooraweenah, for example. Or Birdsville.

Next time i get one ill probably going for something in the middle of the range. Not like century cheap and not optima expensive. When myself and other people i know claimned thier battery under warranty optima admited that there was a flaw in the yellow top and it hasnt been fixed. The red top seem to be ok which would be good as a cranking battery and having a dual system with another brand deep cycle, but the yellow top is just not reliable enough by itself. Ill see if i can find the photos i have taken of mine and my dads batteries when they failed. Mine popped the lid off and was touching the bonnet

Oh yeah and optima will only cover warranty if you make the claim at the place you bought it and it takes about a month to get the yes

hey ive had a optima batteries in my old show car, when i used to spend too much on stereo stuff... they are only good as a starting battery because they are hopeless as a secondary batttery not made for it as much as they advertise it, even their rep confirmed it... so in my advice i would stay clear

The red top is good if you use it purely as a cranking battery and nothing else as we use them on generators at work but other than that thier pretty much useless. I couldnt find any photos of the battery swelling up but it wasnt a pretty sight. Sorry for the bad news but i dont want to see anyone else get ripped off by them

Then id be looking at another brand plus you can get something with double the Amp hours for half the price

I have an ACDelco in my rodeo, never let me down, plenty of strating grunt for the diesel, definitely recommend them.

Mitch

Latest posts

Back