The old “ZD30 Won’t Start”

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks for all that. Tomorrow I will certainly check that shutoff solenoid you mentioned.
I've heard about this starter motor arcing in other conversations but no one goes into detail of what is happening or where to look. Also , can't seem to find the starter relay? Any details on these starter issues would be great.

i could be wrong but my basic understanding of that is , having a strong battery and good earths should prevent most of the issues with the starter motor issues. Also a scanner would be helpful if you're getting a check engine light, however this model Nav doesn't accept a normal scanner/plug standard.

It has the OBD2 plug, but doesn't use the OBD2 protocol. So a normal, off the shelf OBD2 reader won't work.
For the Consult data, this works :

www.buyobd.com

1 x Nisbie Bluetooth Adaptor A3 (ON-A3) = AU$4.90
1 x Nisbie Bluetooth BT3V24BA with 6-pin (ON-BT3V24BA) = AU$39.86

And the software is NDSI for Android. (not the prettiest interface, but it does the job)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nissandatascan.ndsi

you can thank fritz.fx for this information on the scanner/plug adapter.

Also from experience giving the throttle a bit of a pump as you're starting seems to help, i know it shouldn't but works for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back