Second battery without dual battery setup?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a D23 Nav as a company vehicle, so am pretty limited mod wise what I can do. And they get turned over every few years so don’t want to over invest.
I’m looking at 2nd battery options primarily to power a fridge and charge a couple of phones every couple of days and a lantern.
At this stage we are only planning family camping on powered sites.
I can plug fridge in onsite but when we leave and park vehicle somewhere else (beach for a few hours for example) I will need a power source.
What options are there? Have seen I could get a battery box/agm battery and run fridge off this as wouldn’t be for extended periods, and then could charge battery back at camp using my CTEK? Could I install a dual battery system that is easily removable when I hand car back as another option?
And, if we camp without power, would some solar panels be enough to charge a fridge?
Here are fridge specs:
Input voltage (AC) 100-240 V
Input voltage (DC) 12/24 V
Rated input current (AC) 0.95A at 100V, 0.46A at 240V A
Rated input current (DC) 7.8 A
Am I asking too much?
Cheers

mate just as basic when set up .. Battery box with charge points in it... 120ah battery and a 120 watt solar panel.. I can get several days without power just off of the battery.. This will also depend on your fridges draw per hour and how cold u run it ( I stay at -3) The solar should be more than enough to keep battery toped up during the day.. I run a 60ltr fridge, Lights, phone/tablet. I strap battery box onto my tray inside my dog cage. Also as back up I have a single anderson plug that runs to the main battery, so can top up if desperate while driving which is easily removed if needed in your case. Hope this is some help.

Yeah that sounds about what I was aiming for. Would get me a weekend of rough camping by the sounds of it too.
I kind of bought the fridge on sale (eyes lit up) but forgot I hadn’t sorted the power side!
Cheers

Latest posts

Back