Matt's D22 Custom Tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers I'll make sure i have a 30-40mm gap,

Boosted- what were your final tray dimensions? I read sonewere to make it 1800x1800 but seems a bit too wide,

How are you going with your tray now? You got alot left to finish it up?

Cheers

Off the top of my head it was 1800x1800. It of the same width as the cab.

Its slowly coming along just gotta find the time to finish it.

mad looking d22 mate! good inspiration!

Thanks mate!

Thanks again mate, good luck finishing it! Sure you'll chuck up a pic of final thing

Well the tray has been a bit side tracked at the moment as im trying to get a few other things done to the car before I get the tray completed. And speaking of things getting done I have just finished fitting my new 4WD systems lokka to my ute and all I can say is WOW!!!
Anyone looking to fit a locker then I urge you to do so. It completly changes the ute from wheel travel of a shopping trolley on a good day to being able to lift a wheel and not even notice that they have left the ground.

Plus its probably one of the cheapest mods I have done bar my boost guage :D

Good work Boosted.

I have had some light pressure from another forum member to go down the lokka path!

How is the steering under 4WD? I'm especially interested in the steering performance in 4WD high range at speed (30 - 40kph).

have you got 2inch body n 3 inch suspension lift on ur rig? also get that tray finished already we havent got to many highly modified navs in town. also is that shed out the back off callemondah in the industrial estate?:cheers!:

Good work Boosted.

I have had some light pressure from another forum member to go down the lokka path!

How is the steering under 4WD? I'm especially interested in the steering performance in 4WD high range at speed (30 - 40kph).

Im used to driving with one hand slightly resting on the steering wheel as I drive but now it has gone to one hand gripped on the wheel or 2 hand lightly on the wheel. I havent had the chance to get any speed up on it but it doesnt seem to bad.
I tried a track that my mate in a Jeep usually has trouble with and it just crawled through there no worries. Im extatic about it.

Lift looks good mate.

Haven't looked at this thread for a while.

Cheers

have you got 2inch body n 3 inch suspension lift on ur rig? also get that tray finished already we havent got to many highly modified navs in town. also is that shed out the back off callemondah in the industrial estate?:cheers!:

2" body and now 2" suspension. I had the 3 " in there but it was like driving a shopping trolley so I took the rear shackles out and lowered the front back down and now have a fair bit of movement in the front.
My workshop is down the end of Chapple St.

The tray will be taking a unforseen break as I was out 4xing the other night and slipped in a rather large washout and long story short I have 3 broken toes on my right foot. So im out of action for at least 6 weeks depending if I have to get my foot pinned or not :hmmmm2:

But in the mean time im looking into getting a chip for the navvy so if anyone has had any good and bad experiences with chips then let me know

lowered the front back down and now have a fair bit of movement in the front.

But in the mean time im looking into getting a chip for the navvy so if anyone has had any good and bad experiences with chips then let me know

Thanks Matt.

By movement do you mean travel or is the front end all over the place?

My Roo systems chip is okay - power increase is good but the guys that installed it said Steinbauer are easier to install and are a quality unit. One light on my Roo chip has failed already - chip still working but one light doesn't come on under acceleration as it should - no big deal - just a point.

Bad news about the foot - hope it heals up okay and you're back on track soon.

Thanks Matt.

By movement do you mean travel or is the front end all over the place?

My Roo systems chip is okay - power increase is good but the guys that installed it said Steinbauer are easier to install and are a quality unit. One light on my Roo chip has failed already - chip still working but one light doesn't come on under acceleration as it should - no big deal - just a point.

Bad news about the foot - hope it heals up okay and you're back on track soon.

Yeah I meant down travel. Ive been keeping an eye on that ChipIt guy on the forums and they seem to be quite a good chip maker.

Thought I may aswell put up a photo of the x-ray
The 2nd metatarsul has a minor fracture where the 3rd and 4th are completly broken

was thinking as I read the text matt, will I be able to see where the break is on the x-ray - and holy sh!t mate. bet that one hurt a bit.

Amazingly enough it didnt hurt that much. I had just thought that I sprained my ankle and almost didnt go to the hospital. Luckily I did

fuk thats no good mate.:sad: if its chipit that ur lookig at then u should also think about there dpi kit you can get instead of gas it seems to be alot better n is a lot cheaper plus more bang for buck.

I dont know if id go as far as putting injection onto it. I think a chip should give me enough power

Ouch.

Worse I have done is crack my wrist, that stung bad.

That had to of hurt, those 2 broken bones.

Boosted top job on the tray mate, a work mate and me are keeping a close eye on this as we are thinking of doing something similar.

Once done will the towbar go back on?

Latest posts

Back