Matt's D22 Custom Tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really anything to write about unless you wanna see my dads welding skill. Just doing fidly bits at the moment. Should have a bit better update in a few days. Been super busy at work. Will post up some photos later of what happens when a big diesel enhine goes boom

As promised, what happens when a big diesel engine goes boom. The company I work for hires out all sorts of generator sizes. This one has 2 50L inline 6 Scania motors in it. I got a phone call midday yesterday saying that it was pouring out a lot of black smoke. This is what I found
This hole is about a foot high

It punched 2 holes on both side on #2 and #6 piston. #2 still had the big end bearing attached but snapped on the conrod and wedged the piston solid into the bore. #6 sheared the big end bolts off and threw the whole rod in 2 pieces out the side of the engine.

Just to judge the size of that rod. That is a size 13 boot.

Hey man, just recheck your capacity figures again.......a Scania 50L inline 6!!.........and a 180L V16....!!!

Id say the scania is about 15-20 at most and the V16 is about 60L....
we have Cummins QSK60 Quad turbo (60L) engines in our dumptrucks and diggers putting out those sort of figures...

woodynads - Your right. When our diesel fitter was talking about it, it was pretty loud and I musnt have been listening to well. All I heard from him were those figures but he was talking about oil capacity. I didnt my research and the 6 is an 11.7L and the V16 is 50.6L. Thanks for picking that up

On a better note my Calmini upper control arms and extended shackles just arrived from America and I'll add at warp speed aswell. 4 days from Oakland CA to Gladstone Queensland. Goes to show how quick post is when it hasn't gone through Australia Post. Anyone looking to buy this kit i'd highly recommend getting it from Calmini. They have excellent customer service and kept me updated on everything that was going on. 10/10 for Calmini

I'll add at warp speed aswell. 4 days from Oakland CA to Gladstone Queensland. Goes to show how quick post is when it hasn't gone through Australia Post. Anyone looking to buy this kit i'd highly recommend getting it from Calmini. They have excellent customer service and kept me updated on everything that was going on. 10/10 for Calmini

I've found that the online shopping customer service in the US is typically mind blowing - shame we can't get it right here (and then they all have a cry about how we don't spend our money here)

I've found that the online shopping customer service in the US is typically mind blowing - shame we can't get it right here

That's cause so few people in this country get people like me to make their websites. :ha:

Dion - your exactly right. I bought my wife a pair of glasses for my wife a while ago. They wanted $550 in town, i got them off the net for $250

Finally had the chance to fit my calmini kit. It raised the rear about 20mm and raised the front about 30mm with still a bit of bump stop room left. All up now including the body lift its a 5" lift :D

Hey Boosted - when you fitted the kit to the front did you need to wind the bars up to the height you got?

If I put the control arms on can I keep the front at the current height? (Reason being I don't want to fit extended shackles to the already lifted rear).

Are you going to fit 33's?

Huge height gain for your truck.

Yeah you can keep the ride height your at. It will give you a bit more down travel aswell. All it does is changes the bump stop and is supposed to make it easier to get a wheel allignment.

Yeah ill be fitting 33's or mabye even some 35's

Yeah you can keep the ride height your at. It will give you a bit more down travel aswell. All it does is changes the bump stop and is supposed to make it easier to get a wheel allignment.

Yep - that's what I'm after. Should be ordering in the next 3-4 weeks.

Thanks Matt.

No worries. Definently go Calmini if you do get them. They are about $200 cheaper delivered

Yep - I have a quote from them already.

How far away is the tray mate - it will look nice when it's all together.

Keep up the great work.

Hey Matt I have just jumped on their site, prices are quite good...how much did it cost all up including delivery? Was it a simple change over using your existing suspension set up.... Sorry for all the questions mate but I gotta learn somewhere!

Yep - I have a quote from them already.

How far away is the tray mate - it will look nice when it's all together.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks. Glad everyone likes it. I hate having cars that look like all the rest. Ive been flat out at work lately so have been pinched to find time but it shouldnt be to much longer.

Hey Matt I have just jumped on their site, prices are quite good...how much did it cost all up including delivery? Was it a simple change over using your existing suspension set up.... Sorry for all the questions mate but I gotta learn somewhere!

It was $570 delivered in 4 days to my door. Its a pretty easy changeover job but I highly recommend buying a good ball joint remover cause those things are toooight. I'll probably be doing the second arm tomorrow so i'll take a heap of photos and post up a DIY thread tomorrow night or wednesday night

Back