Matt's D22 Custom Tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate that would be awesome.... Might have to wait for valentines day next year though.... Just bought tyres. Ha ha

:sarcastic: exactly

Yeah they do. They are about $570 delivered but its still cheaper than other places in Aus

I got a full 3" Calmini kit delivered to my door for about $1300.

Tray's looking good.............................about time you got the Old Man out of retirement :big_smile: Tell him I said G'day.

Cheers.....................Dave

New 3" kit fitted and lifted to desired height. I started to get the s**ts with not being able to drive the nav so I put the standard tray back on till I can get the tray finished

Could someone with a stock height nav take a measurement from the ground to the top of the front wheel arch. I want to see exactly how much it has been raised. It measured 1025mm.

Hey matt, nice work on you tray, nav looks mint sitting that high haha compared to mine on standard height!
I'm thinking of building a tray similar to yours, just wondering how many hours roughly have you spent on it? Roughly how much for materials? And do you no if there is any laws on the dimensions or weight etc of the tray when changing from a tub?

Thanks mate

Hey matt, nice work on you tray, nav looks mint sitting that high haha compared to mine on standard height!
I'm thinking of building a tray similar to yours, just wondering how many hours roughly have you spent on it? Roughly how much for materials? And do you no if there is any laws on the dimensions or weight etc of the tray when changing from a tub?

Thanks mate

Thanks mate, It hasnt cost all that much (probably about $3-400) most of it has been hours spent on it here and there.
As far as I know in queensland there are no regulations for building trays as long as there are no bits that can decapitate someone in a crash.
Weight shouldn't worry you as most times a steel tray will be lighter than the standard tub anyway.
One thing I will note is to use 3mm box section or bigger. I used 2mm and it buckeled a bit due to the head of welding.

But other than that happy building!

I know its only held on there with webbing in the pics but watch the clearance between the tray and the cab or it may end up wearing a new groove due to the chassis flex and body movement.

I know its only held on there with webbing in the pics but watch the clearance between the tray and the cab or it may end up wearing a new groove due to the chassis flex and body movement.

Due you mean the slings? The spacing between the cab and the tray is the same as the standard tub

That just looks a little close. But hard to tell with lighting.
img0752fl.jpg

Awwsome, I'm hopefully going to try and make a start on it soon then, that's so cheap materials wise,
Yeah my misses broter in law owns a truck body building company so I might have to run over some stuff with him,

Thanks Aido I'll keep in mine to make sure I leave enough gap between head and cab,

Cheers for quick replies too

Mike

That just looks a little close. But hard to tell with lighting.
img0752fl.jpg

HAHA I love the scoop. Used to have a big scoop on my old falcon and it turned me off having them. I think the gap was about 40mm.

Awwsome, I'm hopefully going to try and make a start on it soon then, that's so cheap materials wise,
Yeah my misses broter in law owns a truck body building company so I might have to run over some stuff with him,

Thanks Aido I'll keep in mine to make sure I leave enough gap between head and cab,

Cheers for quick replies too

Mike

Its probably one of the cheaper mods I have done

When I inquired about mine with duratray they informed me they normally run the trays about 30-40mm away from the body.
I don't know about the d22's but man the d40's have a lot of chassis flex in them.

Cheers I'll make sure i have a 30-40mm gap,

Boosted- what were your final tray dimensions? I read sonewere to make it 1800x1800 but seems a bit too wide,

How are you going with your tray now? You got alot left to finish it up?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back