Factory Airbox Leaking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soybean

Reaction score
Anyone had this issue?
Discovered this after the watagans run with the guys on here, nice ring of dust on my air filter around where the lid seals to the canister, hard to explain but you can tell it's been leaking.
Have looked for around for custom ideas but getting nowhere.
Help?

pull out any remaining foam, fill the area the foam came from with sika 227 (smoothing it out with your finger to create a gasket, so wear gloves), let it sit overnight to dry, then place back in car. worked for me. :)

pull out any remaining foam, fill the area the foam came from with sika 227 (smoothing it out with your finger to create a gasket, so wear gloves), let it sit overnight to dry, then place back in car. worked for me. :)

So that Sika 227 just breaks apart when changing air filter and hen seal it back up?

I bought some new rubber at clark rubber, rare spares would probably have mouldings of the same profile to.

So that Sika 227 just breaks apart when changing air filter and hen seal it back up?

The 227 can be pried apart if you put the lid on wet, but i would not recommend it (from experience), that is why i suggested leaving it overnight to dry. it dries flexible, so it can squish a little to make a seal.

Latest posts

Back