NP300 whooshing /air leak noise loss power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tye

Reaction score
Gday all I’m Tye new here, it’s good that we have so many people on the forum how cool !!

All I have a silly issue and I can’t work it out . I took my NP300 Navara up the beach the other day and thru the under body wash . When I got out of the under body wash the car started making a whooshing / air type leak noise and the rpm / acceleration the louder it gets , the engine light came on and I looked the complete engine over and I can’t work out where it’s coming from ?? There is a power loss issue slightly noticed , the turbo seems fine and working , I had a smoke machine put thru the air intake and also in reverse from the turbo intake to check the inter cooler and there is no leaks shown which is fully weird !! I thought it was some type of vacuum leak but nothing is showing , when scanning the sensors there is nothing showing up
We noticed that the clip on the turbo intake was loose so thought that was it but the pipe is expanding as it should sealed under pressure , does anyone have any idea what could be the issue ??
Many thanks

My first thought when reading your title was intercooler piping. I haven't looked at the np300 with detail but my hot side pipe to the'cooler (passenger side) on my d40 has slipped off previously while driving and the Nav reacted similar.. i found over time and with a little bit of oil inside the house simply slipped off..
a wipe over of all components and refit and it was okay..
With the engine light coming on, maybe the intercooler boost sensor isn't reading enough air flow and playing up?

Gday all I’m Tye new here, it’s good that we have so many people on the forum how cool !!

All I have a silly issue and I can’t work it out . I took my NP300 Navara up the beach the other day and thru the under body wash . When I got out of the under body wash the car started making a whooshing / air type leak noise and the rpm / acceleration the louder it gets , the engine light came on and I looked the complete engine over and I can’t work out where it’s coming from ?? There is a power loss issue slightly noticed , the turbo seems fine and working , I had a smoke machine put thru the air intake and also in reverse from the turbo intake to check the inter cooler and there is no leaks shown which is fully weird !! I thought it was some type of vacuum leak but nothing is showing , when scanning the sensors there is nothing showing up
We noticed that the clip on the turbo intake was loose so thought that was it but the pipe is expanding as it should sealed under pressure , does anyone have any idea what could be the issue ??
Many thanks
Good day.

Did you got this problem sorted? I have the same problem now. Whoosing sound, power loss and engine light came on.

When it rains, it pours. This happened to my d40 today. Weird air leak noise constant with acceleration, followed by loss of power.

There’s a small hose going into the actuator (I think) that’s got a split in it. Can hear a high pressure air leak noise when the engine is running.

I’ll get that house replaced and see if it fixes the issue

FDDCF845-DE1D-452F-A130-1CC255114AB5.jpeg

Attachments

• D5AAFFA6-07FE-42AF-AE81-8751384279C5.png
    D5AAFFA6-07FE-42AF-AE81-8751384279C5.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
Good day.

One Did you got this problem sorted? I have the same problem now. Whoosing sound, power loss and engine light came on.
Hey mate well mine ended up being the turbo intake house on the side of the car away from the air filter / air intake for car , so the sensor seal had blown out of the pipe causing the power issue and the sensor not reporting cause it still under enough pressure n ok !!! Silly issue , I suggest get a hose , use it like a stethoscope to your ear the go around all the air hoses of the car and inter cooler area and u will find the leak use detergent in spray bottle too , if that fails get a smoke machine and pump it into the air intakes

When it rains, it pours. This happened to my d40 today. Weird air leak noise constant with acceleration, followed by loss of power.

There’s a small hose going into the actuator (I think) that’s got a split in it. Can hear a high pressure air leak noise when the engine is running.

I’ll get that house replaced and see if it fixes the issue
Did that work

Latest posts

Back