Dont buy 550 navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem crew. They are still messing me around and I thnk we have them on the ropes. Best case is that they hope we give up. I suggest you all ring weekly and complain that no action has been taken. Stay on the "it's dangerous and doesn't match the instruction in manual" path. This will inact change. I log my phone calls in a book too. This way you can badger them with "I've called 8 times with no response"

rang them to put my complaint in and they would register it as a complaint as the vehicle performing with spec. told them that it is unsafe and there just said in in spec it fine.
So I say we need to get a partition going possibly on facebook and really stick it too them.
Does anyone know how to do this??

Had mine in for it's 70k service today - spoke with the service manager and my mate in sales, they are both going to contact the Nissan Tech dept. at head office in Dandenong and push this for us. They both agree that the operation of the manual mode creates a dangerous situation.
Fingers crossed - I'll post any feedback I get from them.

Had mine in for it's 70k service today - spoke with the service manager and my mate in sales, they are both going to contact the Nissan Tech dept. at head office in Dandenong and push this for us. They both agree that the operation of the manual mode creates a dangerous situation.

That would be awesome if they did admit it. RECALL

Great work. If their own employees are saying something there will be action.

I'm ringing the accc tomorrow to see what options we have also

Calls mean nothing. Put it in writing to Nissan. They must by law respond. Don't give up. If you do they win

Not true mate, I had issues that the dealer couldn't fix and nissan Australia were no help. I did put to them in writing my concerns and requested a written response , after not receiving any thing from them I called them for the 100th time and was informed that it is there policy to not respond in writing . Save your time and money and do your services your self because warranty isn't worth shit!!

Not true mate, I had issues that the dealer couldn't fix and nissan Australia were no help. I did put to them in writing my concerns and requested a written response , after not receiving any thing from them I called them for the 100th time and was informed that it is there policy to not respond in writing . Save your time and money and do your services your self because warranty isn't worth shit!!

+1 on that

Logged another call today - somehow I feel like I was just told to "fcuk off", but in nicer words. The "Engineering Dept" claims this as being "normal operation of the vehicle".
I replied,
"As I said before I am not disputing that this is the design of the vehicle, what I'm saying is that you are putting people in danger by forcing them to use their brakes on steep descents. There are 2 main fundamental rules when 4 wheel driving downhill - they are 1) Do Not Use Your Brakes Unless Absolutely Necessary, and 2) Do Not Change Gears Whilst Driving Steep Descents. The "design and normal operation of this gearbox" forces you to break both of these rules."
The reply I got basically said that they will forward my concerns again but ultimately the decision lies within the Engineering Dept.

Lets make their phones run hot on this one - and maybe an email to CarsGuide to get this published in Fridays' paper?

edit: Just sent an email to "Smithy" via the CarsGuide website.

Last edited:
I sent off a letter including the highlighted sections out of the owners manual you gave me.
Nissans total lack of care for what there customers think is appalling. I have has 4 nissans now and this is the first one I've had to contact them about and I'm thinking it will be the last one I own.

Had one, they don't even come close to a D40

Yea the D40 is already at the bottom of the muddy hill with its driver shitting themselves from the ride they just got while I am still crawling along in control halfway down the slope.

:rambo:

Latest posts

Back