Clutch squeel when RELEASING in 1st...sometimes 🤦‍♂️

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrim

Reaction score
Hi there.

2009 d40 stx 165,000kms 2.5TD 6 Speed Manual.

I have a random squeel when releasing clutch in 1st from take off. Typically when ute is cold, but have had it when warm too. Sounds similar to a belt slipping, but probably half as loud at most.
It doesn't always do it which makes it hard to find exactly. In an hour driving around town, I may hear it a couple times.
Had the ute since 2017 and put 30,000kms on it without issue till this. Doesn't do much driving and hasn't done any towing with me.
Before me it was a house wife's vehicle as husband had work ute, but they did tow their fishing boat in the odd weekend to the lakes etc.
Clutch doesn't seem to be slipping at all although it does travel a long way out before it engages. No smell of burning clutch or smells of any kind.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. I don't want pull/replace clutch for no reason, although I suspect it's the stock clutch (and probably stock timing chain too).

About to start driving it to the mines twice a week so want it bullet proof.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20220420_151256.jpg
    20220420_151256.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Also following, same issue, 2011 D40 STX Manual 170k.
I hear it whenever my foot in on the clutch, doesn't matter what gear,
Started about 5yrs ago when someone else drove it and didn't know how to get into reverse, they tried to back out in 6th gear.
Gradually it has gotten worse.
The clutch has never slipped but is pretty worn at this age.
Guessing the syncro's? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back