Lack Of Power After 1st Gear D23 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigaddison

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am hoping some one can help after being told the local dealer is busy until January.

I have a 2019 D23 Navara, 35,000 mile lightly used, full dealer history etc. Its been faultless since purchase however on driving down the motorway the other day I noticed a total lack in power. No lights on the dash, no smoke, undue noise or smells. It starts, drives and pulls away as normal in first gear with enough poke to spin the wheels on gravel but after that it feels like its being seriously held back. It revs fine but over taking or a hill is impossible. Pushing the pedal harder for a kick down does nothing either now where before it would drop down a gear if I was towing up a hill. It will eventually get upto motorway speed but its a creep. I know they are a twin turbo set up so could it be the second turbo is not coming in ? but with no warning light, noise or smoke ?

I have checked the cooler hoses as best as I can, I have cleaned out the MAF sensor, loosened the fuel cap and removed the battery negative all to no avail. I've got a new fuel filter on its way to try that.

Is there a hard reset possible on the ECU without the dealer incase its in some form of limp mode without the dash warning ?

Any ideas on what I could do to try and find a solution? The kids have horse based events all over Christmas and as a tow car its pretty useless!

Thank you in advance !

fuel filter changed, solonoid breathers cleaned out and still the same .. cruise control still works which im told it stopping working can be a symptom of solonoid failure

If it's a manual, I'd try - after changing into second - hold the gear lever to one side or the other (while keeping it in gear, just kinda lean on it).

If it comes good, chances are the gearbox's neutral position switch is a little dodgy. Was certainly a problem in older models.

Because (in older models, at least) the switch is active (on) in neutral, and off when in gear, simply unplugging it has worked - I don't know where your NPS is, but it's worth finding and unplugging it and trying it again.

Hi guys, I am hoping some one can help after being told the local dealer is busy until January.

I have a 2019 D23 Navara, 35,000 mile lightly used, full dealer history etc. Its been faultless since purchase however on driving down the motorway the other day I noticed a total lack in power. No lights on the dash, no smoke, undue noise or smells. It starts, drives and pulls away as normal in first gear with enough poke to spin the wheels on gravel but after that it feels like its being seriously held back. It revs fine but over taking or a hill is impossible. Pushing the pedal harder for a kick down does nothing either now where before it would drop down a gear if I was towing up a hill. It will eventually get upto motorway speed but its a creep. I know they are a twin turbo set up so could it be the second turbo is not coming in ? but with no warning light, noise or smoke ?

I have checked the cooler hoses as best as I can, I have cleaned out the MAF sensor, loosened the fuel cap and removed the battery negative all to no avail. I've got a new fuel filter on its way to try that.

Is there a hard reset possible on the ECU without the dealer incase its in some form of limp mode without the dash warning ?

Any ideas on what I could do to try and find a solution? The kids have horse based events all over Christmas and as a tow car its pretty useless!

Thank you in advance !

Thank you in advance !
Hi, any luck with this problem yet, my 2021 d23 behaving exactly the same!

Thank you in advance !
I’m finding similar issues with a 2016 model.

Latest posts

Back