D40 AUTO fuel economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok one more addition to shitty economy and something that really isn't good for cars in general.

5 k drive to work, car doesn't even get warm.

For some of us this sort of trip is unavoidable and is done 5 days a week but cars really don't like this sort of traveling and it does pay to give the car a decent run regularly if your doing such trips on a daily basis.

For some of us this sort of trip is unavoidable and is done 5 days a week but cars really don't like this sort of traveling and it does pay to give the car a decent run regularly if your doing such trips on a daily basis.

What's more, this sort of trip hardly lets the car engine reach normal operating temperature, so the ECU will never conduct a regen cycle, which is going to cause grief with the DPF.

Let us know how you go mate!

There is already someone in the other thread (maybe bosshog) who has done this and has given reports as to what's happened since the DPF was removed if you want answers quicker than Biscuits might come up with them. In fact I'm sure there is a number of people with reports minus the DPF, there is quite a bit of chatter about DPF removal on the UK forums where it's not an illegal mod too.

There is already someone in the other thread (maybe bosshog) who has done this and has given reports as to what's happened since the DPF was removed if you want answers quicker than Biscuits might come up with them. In fact I'm sure there is a number of people with reports minus the DPF, there is quite a bit of chatter about DPF removal on the UK forums where it's not an illegal mod too.

Yeah i have been chatting to bosshog via email we have both have done the DPF delete but we went for the 3" all the way option and seem to be having problems due to the pressure drop from the 3" to stock just wanted to find some info on the gains on doing to to the stock exhaust?

D40 Auto Economy and rims

Hi Nav owners, as a matter of interest i have towed a 2800 Kg van from Bris to Perth with a 2007 d40 2.5 auto taking 6 months and 20000 ks averaged between 19.25 litres per and 26 litres per 100 ks depending on conditions
I couldn't figure out how to start a new post
What i would really like to know is there anyone in perth area that wrecks d40's as i'm looking for an extra spare steel or alloy rim b4 heading north to darwin

look for the blue nav with the orange kayak on top, Qld registered

Thanks
JJMOS (John)

One of the mods might be able to stick it in a new thread for you if they deem it worthy John.

Last trip over to Perth I was going to hunt out wreckers and see if there was many D40's sitting around because there is a distinct lack of them sitting around my area and I figured I'd be able to get the relos to do something useful if I need parts and someone in Perth had them but alas I found none with current shape D40's or Pathy's.

There is quite often rims on Fleabay, they aren't always cheap and they might not fit into your time frame but it could be worth a look.

I have the ST auto and I checked the guage tonight. 1/2 tank and 460kms travelled, all with overdrive on.
I take it pretty easy, sit on 100 most times and try not to thrash my way up the gears & dont tow anything yet though I am doing about 200kms per day on average.
My ford ute was giving me 13.5 per 100 and I reckon that I am on par to better that so I am happy.

yeah i get about 450 to 500km (town driving) before the fuel light turns on any help on getting better fuel economy would be very appreciated

Can't help with the economy. I get around 13.2LPH and it doesn't matter where I'm driving - around town, on the highway or crossing the Simpson Desert - I can, however help with the 450-500 km before the light comes on.....I've fitted a 160ltr Opposite Lock long range tank and now get 1000km before the light comes on :lol:.... but I do have a shiteload of aftermarket kit and am getting pretty weighty.

I have the ST auto and I checked the guage tonight. 1/2 tank and 460kms travelled, all with overdrive on.
I take it pretty easy, sit on 100 most times and try not to thrash my way up the gears & dont tow anything yet though I am doing about 200kms per day on average.
My ford ute was giving me 13.5 per 100 and I reckon that I am on par to better that so I am happy.

Thats a great result Lurch my ST auto barely makes under 18s around town on the open road i get 13/15 per hundred not impressive economy that is stated in brochure thats keeping on cruise and generally below 2500.

cheers

Tills:confused:

I have a Kingcab STX Auto and the last tank fillup worked out to be 10.2 l/100k. This was for a trip from Evhuca in country Vic down to Melbourne thru the city to Moorabbin in peak hour and return. Just short running around home uses more but engine hardly reaches normal operating temp.

Geez there will be a few KC drivers jealous of you I don't think I've seen many quote those figures

Just remember that was a 500 odd km round trip and I was driving fairly conservatively. about 440km of that trip was on freeway or highway. Scangauge showed the figure to be 10.0l/100k which is close enough for me to the actual or real figure of 10.2 to satisfy me that that is calibrated reasonably well.
Hook up 2300kg of caravan behind it and it is a whole new ball game.

Hook 2 tonnes behind anything and economy goes to shit. Without a load low 10's are still better than many KC's are quoting. You're right about the long trip though, fuel figures around town are always going to be crap, even rural towns have traffic and traffic lights to effect economy open roads are the best way to get an idea of economy.

D40 Auto fuel economy

I've just got back from a trip NW Australia.
Towing a fully laden offroad campertrailer at 100km/hr, maybe 150km was driven without the camper.

The figures were: 3930km total,
495.5l diesel
= 12.6 l/100km

Best economy was 12.4 and worst was 15.8.

The ute has just clocked 10,000km

These figures were derived from filling the tank to totally full (see fuel not froth) and odometer readings)

Gee I must have been hiding under a rock to miss this thread, so sorry for being late to the party.

Whilst I have not entirely stopped the ECU from doing a full burn (it only occasionally trips into a 'half' burn) I am not concerned as I know now how to quickly stop it.

Current thinking I need to shield the NOx sensor as the 3" dump pipe and high flow cat has lowered the exhaust temps and therefore lowered the NOx. As soon as I run it at higher revs for a km or 2 the temp gets up and the ECU stops burning.

Anyway my fuel economy figures are:

DPF deleted but stock dump and cat in - drop of 1.1L/100kms
DPF deleted and 3" dump and hiflow cat - additional drop of another 1.2L/100kms

To be fair I also had the ute on a dyno and got my chip professionally tuned.

The overall result is economy has improved from around 16.5 to 14.2L/100kms.

But its not just about fuel economy for me. Mostly I was seeking more horses under the right foot and a louder exhaust; both of which I have done.

Bosshog

Latest posts

Back