Fuel economy on the V6?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v9xnavara

Reaction score
Gday,
Mines a 2012 Navara D40 with the 3.0L V6 getting close to 300,000km and i'm getting around 550-600km per tank. Built in screen shows 12L per 100km (don't know how accurate it is)
Is this in the normal range? What's everyone else's fuel economy like? And what can be done to improve fuel economy? So far i've replaced fuel filter, air filter, oils.
Cheers

Should be around 9.5l/100km unless you are towing, driving with a heavy right foot or have fitted larger tyres.

First step is to track the consumption accurately (fuel Vs distance). Some apps out there to make it easier.

Gday,
Mines a 2012 Navara D40 with the 3.0L V6 getting close to 300,000km and i'm getting around 550-600km per tank. Built in screen shows 12L per 100km (don't know how accurate it is)
Is this in the normal range? What's everyone else's fuel economy like? And what can be done to improve fuel economy? So far i've replaced fuel filter, air filter, oils.
Cheers
Hi,
I also have a 2012 V6. I was getting 12.5 l/100 around the city and 10.5 on open road. I have a larger tyres. I was not happy with this or the severe turbo lag, so did the following mods:
I installed a 3” exhaust, from turbo and plasma hard piping from turbo to manifold. I also installed a larger intercooler, catch can and had it dyno tuned.
The performance and power is so much better, its a different ute. I have some photos in my garage.
I now get 10.5 around the city and 8.5 l/100 on open road. When towning a 2T boat I get 16.5 l/100 on open road.

I would recommend some mods, the performance increase is worth it.

Latest posts

Back