D40 YD25 126KW MNT SWAP FOR VSK 140KW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xland

Reaction score
Hello all, i was a member of this forum under the tag OZTRAX but that email is defunct now.

I have a Thai D40 KIngcab plate Jan 2010, bought in 2018 it has been going well but i bought it with 300000 KMS on odo.

Before I purchased this vehicle I bought a VSK 2013 140 KW engine which Iwas going to install in a boat (long story)

I check timing chain wear every 20K kms and regularly service vehicle, but if it sits for few days it has pretty decent rattle when it starts until oil pressure builds up.
Got 350000 kms on it now.
Am going to check if chain tensioners are leaking down by cranking with injectors disconnected.

But made me think maybe its time to consider swapping out the engine with my spare YD25, which has 60000 KMS on it.
I made sure when I purchased the spare YD25 I got as much of wiring loom as I could, ECU and steering lock etc.

Have searched this forum and others but cant really find much info on engine swaps except this thread which was a THAI 140KW into a SPAIN D40 126KW
Seems like here they tried to use original ECU which caused issues.

https://www.navaraforum.com/threads/d40-engine-replacement-help.32908/

Not much info in this thread and I have tried to contact the member "CRAE"

"crae

JoinedDec 17, 2015Messages8Reaction score0LocationBrisbane
Been a while since I posted. I ended up getting the new replacement 2013 motor running in the 2007. Long story with issues above but it doesn't help when u have incompetent mechanics fitting your motor incorrectl! Timing was off that's why the new motor didn't run.
So I have driven the car with the newer motor for over 1500kms. Seems to be blowing a lot of diesel smoke when lugging and reversing. Seems to also have a bit of a flat spot also. I'm thinking the turbo may not be engaging when it is supposed to be?? I can hesr the turbo work but it may not be working 100%.
Could this be related to the newer motor being electronically controlled turbo? Interested to hear thoughts on this and options to get it running 100%. "

Have found a couple of engine swaps of VQ32 V6 with Patrol VK45 V8

and VK56 into an NP300

Was interested to see what electrical/can bus issues they experienced to achieve swaps.
Recently I had to troubleshoot my D40 as it had no transmit on CAN BUS so have become quite knowledgeable on the cars ECM amd other modules.

S o my list of things to consider is :

1. different turbos 140 KW is electronic control not vacumn, and I was wondering if the 140KW even has a vacumn pump fitted ?

2. My D40 has a DPF, 140KW does not from what I have read. This is a bonus as I was looking at DPF delete anyway.

3. Both engines are auto trans

4. Immobiliser re program which is part of the BCM

5. SKIM and VIN # re program

regards
XLAND

Latest posts

Back