D40 YD25 aftermarket downpipe pipe size & remaps in NZ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently bought a 2014 Thai built D40 with broken radiator spigot & head. Got the new head, trying to source an all alloy rad in NZ, & figure out the DFP/Cat removal etc.

Trying to remove most of the potential causes of overheating, excessive fuel use, & high maintenance. So EGR delete, catch can,DPF/Cat delete, & trying to do away with plastic rad tanks are all happening.

Most of these are relatively straight forward. Trying to find an all alloy rad here in NZ is a challenge. Trying to sort out the exhaust to remove DPF & Cat is not as straight forward as I hoped. Anyhow decided to modify exhaust myself. I'll have a new turbo flange cut out of 12mm stainless.

What size pipes are coming straight out of the turbo for your aftermarket exhausts? From the images I can see I would guess 2 1/4". Anyhow I need that info to get the flange cut.

I'll simply fabricate the sections of exhaust with 2 1/2" stainless pipe & mandrel bends to delete to DPF & Cat. I'd buy an off the shelf unit but the few available in NZ are pricey & I don't see the real need to go 3". I may keep the factory muffler but will terminate the exhaust just before the rear axle.

As part of the DPF/Cat delete I think I'll go remap & that should also help with the fuel economy. What is the options in NZ for remapping these D40's?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back