2017 Tekna auto. Loss of power and cruise control function

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart621

Reaction score
Hi all. This is my first post. Today and without any warning my Navara has lost low down power and the cruise function. Above 3000 rpm it’s fine in terms of power, but below that it’s sluggish. No warning lights or noises. Starts and drives no problem, but just reduced power. Anyone had anything similar ?

It’s an auto. Funnily enough, it did not do it today 🤷‍♂️

And I should have realised this from the thread title!

Cruise is often interrupted by things like faulty brake and clutch pedal switches. I had to clean the brake pedal switch on mine - it was really quite easy, a quick twist and the switch came out, and it was rather easy to disassemble and clean. Reassembly and reinstallation saw it working perfectly.

Try using the car horn - if that's not working, you might need to repair/replace the clock spring in the steering wheel which might be broken. This is a little difficult to get at - the steering wheel needs to come out (be careful with the airbag!).

And I should have realised this from the thread title!

Cruise is often interrupted by things like faulty brake and clutch pedal switches. I had to clean the brake pedal switch on mine - it was really quite easy, a quick twist and the switch came out, and it was rather easy to disassemble and clean. Reassembly and reinstallation saw it working perfectly.

Try using the car horn - if that's not working, you might need to repair/replace the clock spring in the steering wheel which might be broken. This is a little difficult to get at - the steering wheel needs to come out (be careful with the airbag!).
Thanks for this Tony. I’m happier now that it’s clearly something electrical, as you suggest like the pedal switches as opposed to something more fundamental like a turbo. I will fiddle around with it over the next few days and try to gently push the pedal around to see if I can replicate it. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks for this Tony. I’m happier now that it’s clearly something electrical, as you suggest like the pedal switches as opposed to something more fundamental like a turbo. I will fiddle around with it over the next few days and try to gently push the pedal around to see if I can replicate it. Thanks again for the reply.

Turbo issues in these cars haven't (historically? hysterically?) been related to a loss of cruise control. The usual culprits (in the best order my tired brain can do at the moment) are:

* Vehicle speed **Note 1
* Clock spring
* Brake pedal switch
* Clutch pedal switch (manual only)
* Neutral Position switch (manual only)
* Instrument cluster (autos, for Park/Neutral monitoring)
* Traction control system is activated (cars after 2010)

** Note 1: I don't know about newer cars, but my car's cruise operates in miles per hour. It will not allow setting below 25km/h (40km/h). Increments are 1.6km/h rather than 1km/h, so the cruise (ASCD) system is calibrated for American/British units and converted to sensible ones ( *chuckle* ) afterwards.

Back