Navara sluggish

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjonesk

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My d40 navara is feeling sluggish when it gets up to high km/hour. I have an auto 2010 d40 and a couple days ago it began to feel a bit sluggish. When i'm on the freeway I really have to put my foot to the floor to get from 80km/hour to 100km/hour. Once it's cruising though it sits on the normal amount of revs. Does anyone have any clues what could be the fault? I've tried an ECU reset and will look at the air filter later today.

Note I noticed the drop in power at a similar time that the DPF warning light turned on for the second time this month - took it for a drive on the freeway and it turned off after a while. Could it be the dpf is clogged and needs a clean?

Thanks in advance.

DPF clean might be necessary but if the car is performing well at full throttle I'd suggest that's not the issue.

At idle and full throttle the EGR valve is closed, and you might find that you're getting too much EGR in which will reduce the engine's power.

Also consider checking vacuum lines to the turbocharger. If it's not boosting enough it will feel underpowered.

How long since the intercooler has had a clean?

Latest posts

Back