ZD30 coolant temps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmd235

Reaction score
Hi, What coolant temps are guys with an ECUtalk seeing ? As in normal driving 85 degrees to 90 degrees and maybe a little higher towing

Yep, that sounds about right. I haven't been running ecutalk lately, but from memory, when I did have it running I was seeing temps in the mid eighties during normal driving.

I'm using racetech gauges and getting anywhere between 82 - 86 degrees depending on how hot the day is. Not ECU Talk, but it would be interesting to see how the different methods stack up.

I have 3 Navara ZD30s and 2 runaround 85-90 degrees but one seems to run between88 and 94 ,Not sure if things like spotties and winch etc would make the difference

85 is normal, closer to 90 flogging it. Winch and spotties do reduce airflow to the radiator, becomes obvious on stinking hot days.

Thanks, i have just put a new radiator, thermostat[ genuine] and new water pump and clutch fan [ also genuine], flushed the system and new coolant and mine is running on 87 /88 and up to 91/92 on hills etc. Havn't really flogged it .
My figures are coming from an ecutalk so should be reliable. I am heaing to Cape York in a couple of months so wish to make sure all is well

since ecutalk is getting the information from the sensor bolted to the engine block, thats probably why it sees hotter. if in doubt just replace the coolant maybe get the radiator cleaned if rusty.

yes running around 80-85, changed coolant now 85-90 found the Nissan coolant was doing the best job of all (80-85), and this is running with mike vine turbo set up, 3inch exhaust, water-intercooler, chip....dyno from Mike vine was 664NM

Rumpig i don't have more power [ i havn't fitted your chips yet] . I suspect it is the weight i am carrying. My canopy etc on the rear and winch etc on the front.
I must try to find a weigh bridge and see what it all weighs

Sorry, I was replying to milkman as he said he has a Mike Vine turbo setup, your temps seem normal.

Latest posts

Back