D40 missing DPF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulpatiine

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought a 2014 d40 titanium edition, auto, 4wd, diesel. I am looking to get some oil to top it up. I am trying to see if my d40 has a DPF. I do not see a DPF light show on the dash and I don't seem to see a DPF physically there. After browsing these forums, apparently the auto's are supposed to have a DPF. It seems like the precious owners removed it. Can anyone confirm?

The first picture is from under the rear left passenger door, just before the 90 degree turn in the exhaust. I think the DPF should be here?

The second picture shows what might be the DPF wrapped in a heat shield but am not sure. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20231017_145404.jpg
    20231017_145404.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231017_145432.jpg
    20231017_145432.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 0
The wrapped item is not the DPF.

There are some models that didn't get a DPF. If your instruments don't light up the puffy cloud in the bottom centre when you first turn on the ignition, you probably don't have a DPF.

Another sign of the DPF: on the vehicle's left hand inner guard in the engine bay near the ABS unit is a small black widget with an electrical connector and two hoses running down to connect to two metal pipes that lead to the DPF. If you don't see any of this stuff, your car may not have ever had a DPF.

There are some models that didn't get a DPF. If your instruments don't light up the puffy cloud in the bottom centre when you first turn on the ignition, you probably don't have a DPF.

Another sign of the DPF: on the vehicle's left hand inner guard in the engine bay near the ABS unit is a small black widget with an electrical connector and two hoses running down to connect to two metal pipes that lead to the DPF. If you don't see any of this stuff, your car may not have ever had a DPF.
I'll have a look, thanks!

I'll have a look, thanks!

It doesn't look like I have the things you mentioned, I'll assume I don't have a DPF. Thanks again :)

Attachments

• 20231017_162241.jpg
    20231017_162241.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back