Vortex "Premium Diesel"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did get some premium diesel at Renmark SA on the way over here a few weeks back because the Woolies servo didn't have any other diesel (but it was the same price as the standard diesel at the Caltex across the road) going by SG I had some really good fuel figures from Renmark to Port Augusta (in the 9's), but Port Augusta to Ceduna (same tank) was the worst figures (10.8) for the entire trip.

If the stuff is the same price as the non premium when I get to Renmark on the way I home I might try it for the tank from Renmark to Melbourne but if it's going to be dearer I wont bother.

I actually find the vortex to be better in my cars rather then the normal stuff. I don't knoyw where you got your vortex from but from where I am the price is no different and actually cheaper in some places. also using woolworths fuel vouchers you save again.

Goodluck
RustyNav

BP normal product is a cent dearer in my town than Vortex. BP is 5 cents cheaper 20 min's up the H/ way = $4 a tank, I don't even bother when I'm going past cause the vortex gives me such a good response.

I use vortex. Diesel to get to Sydney from Jindabyne. And uses about just under a half a tank. I used regular diesel last time and used a bit over Half a tank. It's about 480-500kms

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Just too let you all know..

i work at a caltex servo and unless advertised,

there will be no Bio in the diesel... ie no additives

some sites i know of do sell bio-diesel but there are none in Qld and NT

All so, all the fuels are of the vortex premium...

except E10 cause its 91

Still haven't done my figures for the trip or the Vortex part of the trip but if this thread keeps getting bumped one day I will remember!

Nah it's what I tell the wife, I don't need to lie to myself.

Although I'm back to fencing tomorrow so I have to do some real work today, which means my economy figures from the holiday can wait a little longer.

Ok just for you FB :ha:

The Vortex on the way too Perth yielded 10.2LPH.

The Vortex on the way home yielded 9.9LPH

The best full tank figures were from standard shitty BP fuel which got me 9.5 and that was the tank I had to prime to start the car because the car on a down hill tilt and less than 4 litres left is a no no.

It was only a small test I guess but it's not convincing me that paying extra for premium is worth it. For the same price I'd go with the first pump I see but with a difference in price it would always be standard on those figures.

Fair call... And Thank you Sir Krappy..
I Man Krafty!:cheers!:
I will Empty the tank i have now And Fill a full tank of Shell
and see how i go :suicide2:

Why would you get Shell fool I told you the best figures were on BP...sheesh can't you read!!

Because I want to make a fool of you somehow!! Sheesh can't you see I'm making a battle haha

Make a fool of me? I didn't realise this was a competition, I'll have to lift my game.

I have no idea why i said that. You truely are an unbeatable opponent.
I Give up already. I will try the BP haha

Umm Guys.

Can I remind you that the Castrol "Oils ain't Oils" advertising program was just that. There was no difference in their oils to others. Wondering it i is the same with vortex and if it gives better fuel economy, then why isn't it called Tail Wind?

Ummm Guy, we are talking about diesel not oil. :hahaha:

The oil in diesel thread is Krankin's can of worms.

Latest posts

Back